Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

The norwich chief exec saying same as me today that its unfair to relegate any sides if championship does not restart! Good on him and he is 100% right. 

It would be a complete and utter mockery

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The norwich chief exec saying same as me today that its unfair to relegate any sides if championship does not restart! Good on him and he is 100% right. 

He's right of course, but there are a fair number of scenarios of what they will do and they will all be unfair to someone or another.

And as much as they will try to be fair to at least someone it will all come down to what saves them the most amount of money and causes them the least amount of legal trouble.

Hopefully we'll be on the winning side of this.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He has got a vested interest though

• Like 1

"There will be no food at the training ground.

They will train in a group of five for a maximum of 75 minutes.

They will be encouraged to wear a mask or snood.

No tackling or spitting will be permitted.

Everything will be disinfected, including the ball, pitch, goalposts, cones, and other training equipment."

3 hours ago, sne said:

The only thing that is going to stop Liverpool fans celebrating the title out in the streets en massé is the threat of the losing their benefits.

Fixed.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree.

but it would be equally unfair if a set of "restart" rules are applied that disadvantage the bottom clubs, just to save the face of the league and its competition.

We can't be thrown to the wolves, just to complete the season.

all scenario's seem to have legal implications....they should just apply K.I.S.S and cancel the season.

• Like 2

Manchester Deputy Mayor reports there were over 1000 house parties / large gatherings over bank holiday weekend ...there is no way fans will not turn up at grounds 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So there was/is a meeting today between the PL, Captains and Managers?

The top 2 managers are always ranting about player protection so. So see of others follow though I suspect Klopp does it for the cameras only

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Norwich Sporting Director might have vested interests but if you listen to what he says, he's exactly right.

Absolutely, as do we also have a vested interest.

However we have a moral obligation to be concerned more with the safety of ourselves and the people around us.

It is our duty.

25 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Manchester Deputy Mayor reports there were over 1000 house parties / large gatherings over bank holiday weekend ...there is no way fans will not turn up at grounds 

Do they know something that we don't - is it to be declared null and void, with no champions or relegation after all? :cheers:

• Haha 2

In the clip I saw Stuart Webber didn't speak about safety concerns, although as with everyone else hopefully I'm sure he's only interested in playing when safe to do so. These are some quotes from the interview that I saw...

"In my opinion, it needs to be settled on the pitch, not off the pitch,"

"A big question we have around restarting is, it's fine if we restart and three teams get relegated. We look at it as though we're only six points off 16th rather than being adrift. But if we do [go down], that's fine, because that's where football should be played. Football should be played on a pitch and not in the boardroom.

"But the Championship has to restart and play all their games also. What we could not accept is a situation where we play out all our games, get relegated but then the Championship can't play - because we don't even know if the government are going to let them play - and then they automatically promote some teams who haven't finished the season.

"It's a bit like saying, we can't complete the FA Cup, but we're in the quarter-finals, we've beaten a Championship top-six team away, we've beaten two Premier League teams away, so does that mean we win the FA Cup then and qualify for Europe and we all get a medal, because the level of games we played were harder than the other teams left in the quarter-finals?

"That's a really important sporting point - it needs to be settled on the pitch, both coming up or going down."

"Not many know this but I'm a Leeds fan. I had a season ticket for 10 years," he said. "Leeds should be getting promoted. We all want Leeds back in the Premier League. Every true football fan believes they should be back in the Premier League. But you have to do it on the pitch."

Outlook India

A mate working on a drug trial involving COVID 19 is a colleague of an NHSE boss. They are in advanced planning for another lockdown in November in anticipation of a winter crisis in the NHS plus another spike . He says this is a likely event and not a ‘just in case’ scenario.

So that would wreck 2020/21 as well.

• Like 3

Duncan Wright@dwright75·3m

Government guidelines for return to training make it clear any player living in household with clinically vulnerable people are NOT allowed to take part. Means some players might not be allowed back even if they want to.

Right so who is the player whose Mother in Law lives with him as he now can't play 

9 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Duncan Wright@dwright75·3m

Government guidelines for return to training make it clear any player living in household with clinically vulnerable people are NOT allowed to take part. Means some players might not be allowed back even if they want to.

Right so who is the player whose Mother in Law lives with him as he now can't play 

They could just move for the duration of the season.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They could just move for the duration of the season.

What if they need help because they are vulnerable ie that player helps the vulnerable 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What if they need help because they are vulnerable

Good point.

I'm assuming at the end of the day it will be down to the player.

As you pointed out I did forget that some people might have children, parents, grandparents etc who need to be watched.

Some people could hire help, although understandably some would rather care for those loved ones themselves/

• Like 1