Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think at this stage common sense is not something thats on the table

Think it's something along these lines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its frankly bizarre that they want to end the seasons for leagues one and two but then also carry on with the playoffs. That makes no sense. 

It's all about the EFL insisting on getting that third club of their's promoted and making sure that the PL maintain the normal relegation/promotion arrangements. They refuse to acknowledge that there is nothing "normal" about the present situation. They are a disgrace.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

It's all about the EFL insisting on getting that third club of their's promoted and making sure that the PL maintain the normal relegation/promotion arrangements. They refuse to acknowledge that there is nothing "normal" about the present situation. They are a disgrace.   

Yes are they still insisting on the playoffs. Be hard enough to complet the season without the playoffs 

• Like 2

For the EFL and the playoffs to complete means they can't possibly be looking to start next season on time - they can't finish it later because of the Euros, so it's going to put an absolutely enormous pressure on players. 

I wonder if there would be the same clamour to finish the league if Citeh were so far ahead with what would be there 5th in what 8/9 years ? Part Of me feels the scouse loving media and authorities are pushing this on so they can be crowned champions.

With the euros next summer now and Qatar 2022 scheduled for December the schedule leaves little room for manoeuvre and that why I feel this season just needs a line drawn underneath somehow and focus on completeing Next season in a timely fashion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if there would be the same clamour to finish the league if Citeh were so far ahead with what would be there 5th in what 8/9 years ? Part Of me feels the scouse loving media and authorities are pushing this on so they can be crowned champions.

This is why I dont think we will get relegated on ppg.  Despite the talk on these forums and in the press about ppg, the only real conversation at the PL was about Home and Away ppg which we know would get West Ham relegated. 

There is no way on this earth that the FA would allow West Ham to be relegated with all the West Ham connections in those FA halls and major influencers that are West Ham fans.  Then if at the future meetings they turn from Home and Away ppg to Total ppg and West Ham are saved then there is going to be bigger problems for the reason for the change. 

For this reason I believe ppg is dead on arrival because the influencers and media darlings re what you said on Liverpool and completing the season and for the same reason if the season was ended now and they use ppg, the West Ham go down under the discussed home and away ppg, which isnt going to happen.

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

With the euros next summer now and Qatar 2022 scheduled for December the schedule leaves little room for manoeuvre and that why I feel this season just needs a line drawn underneath somehow and focus on completeing Next season in a timely fashion. 

I think this is as unfair as some comments that we only want the season voided so we don't get relegated.

Everyone has their own priorities in this and are trying to find a way to have their cake and eat it. Liverpool and their fans feel they've won their first title in 30 years. They want to be given the opportunity to win it properly and preferably they don't want an asterix after it from here until the end of time. We can surely understand that position.

We don't want to be relegated by some shady means like PPG or standings given our game in hand and how close we are to getting out of it. They can understand that position too.

There's a definite compromise here that they get the title (they'll just have to accept that some will choose to put an asterix after) and no one gets relegated. There's then the small matter of the TV money that everyone has to accept is going to be less.

The clubs do have things they can agree on...they want the money.

There is the AFCON between Jan 9th and Feb 6th in 2021 as well.

Quite a few players from various African nations that will be gone for at least a month there and I assume next season will not have a winter break so they'll miss a bunch of games.

I have to say I do feel (a bit) sorry for Liverplop having their title celebrations cancelled or at least heavily muted. I know they can be unbearable at times but they clearly are the best team this season and the football they have played at times does not really deserve to have a * next to it in the history books.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I have to say I do feel (a bit) sorry for Liverplop having their title celebrations cancelled or at least heavily muted. I know they can be unbearable at times but they clearly are the best team this season and the football they have played at times does not really deserve to have a * next to it in the history books.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer set of fans.

Fantastic 3/4th of a league season by the players thou.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have to say I do feel (a bit) sorry for Liverplop having their title celebrations cancelled. I know they can be unbearable at times but they clearly are the best team this season and the football they have played at times does not really deserve to have a * next to it in the history books.

They won it fair and square whether it finishes or not and that shouldn’t be wiped out of the history books 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the EFL and the playoffs to complete means they can't possibly be looking to start next season on time - they can't finish it later because of the Euros, so it's going to put an absolutely enormous pressure on players. 

You're still factoring in it will be a 50 + game season for teams like us who have good cup runs.

I can easily see europe and at least league cup being cancelled. Is there much point of doing a 20-21 FA cup if it's all behind closed doors? Probably be better just to finish off this season's one from March last year when perhaps crowds could return.

If you just had league games then it's possible to start in October with all the extra midweeks and schedule similar to what we had in the championship. Don't know what will happen with international games though as seems Fifa wants whole of November to play the ones already lost.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think they'll be a lot of rotation going forward.

The FA will bring in more subs as a "help" and it'll never go away helping the big clubs to fatten up their squads even more.

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I feel sorry for the players.

For the fans, I will milk this for at least one calendar year. At LEAST. 

Next season should be the focus now...

One thing's for sure with next season having to pack the fixtures in a much bigger squad will be required, I presume FIFA will increase the number of players allowed to registered. 

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You're still factoring in it will be a 50 + game season for teams like us who have good cup runs.

I can easily see europe and at least league cup being cancelled. Is there much point of doing a 20-21 FA cup if it's all behind closed doors? Probably be better just to finish off this season's one from March last year when perhaps crowds could return.

If you just had league games then it's possible to start in October with all the extra midweeks and schedule similar to what we had in the championship. Don't know what will happen with international games though as seems Fifa wants whole of November to play the ones already lost.

Europe won’t be cancelled, that’s too big of a money maker for UEFA and big clubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Liverpool or city , it makes no difference really, it’s purely money isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Players and club,  they played a blinder.  Awesome.

Their fans are not the best and one of the most hated in the UK.  They deserve this,  not the club.

Manutd will just laugh at them.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer set of fans.

Fantastic 3/4th of a league season by the players thou.

Scouse ain't gonna win it for real though are they, its just gonna be a bit false whatever happens, an it makes me happier by the minute. Ha! 😂

• Like 1