Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Will they f***.

Sky keep their fixtures, BT keep their fixtures and then all of the others will be opened up - some of those might end up free to air, either through a traditional broadcaster or through someone like Amazon or youtube or similar - some may even be picked up by Sky and BT.

Several Premier le

ague teams have refunded season ticket holders - others, including Villa are I would imagine waiting to see what's going to happen with next season to see if they can discount on future tickets instead.

Sky will put them on Sky one or Sky Mix I would think 

Just a thought will the clubs that play music when they score do this with no fans in ground ....

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If everyone is so certain June is still far too unsafe to play football (and I certainly wouldn't differ in that opinion) I'm not really sure how we can be so certain everything will be fine enough by middle of August. It's another six weeks but the virus will still be around in some form and a vaccine will still likely be many months away. Social distancing will still be around, they'll probably be still daily deaths (although hopefully well down on where we are currently) and stadiums will still be closed off.

I'd be up for voiding the season if everything but fans being let in could be guarenteed by August 18th-September 1st but feels pretty unlikely which is where I think culling of cup competitions feels inevitable to reduce the fixture list in case of further stoppages.

If nothing has changed in August it's much more sensible and realistic to finish just 9 games left rather than trying to complete a whole season.

Hopefully this virus doesn't turn more aggressive and i truly believe both seasons can be finished. All eyes will be set on the Bundesliga on Saturday.

Edited by villalad21

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's not free to air (not that you've said it is).

Good point , I'm getting confused with non sports subscribers

Gabby on talksprt says he has spoke to players who think its been rushed and won't be back

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's not free to air (not that you've said it is).

In these modern times Youtube qualifies as free to air now given majority of match going fans will have some sort of internet connection.

BT orginally were supposed to show one free to air champions league game as ITV used to do so they put it on BT showcase which came up on Freeview. Then they stopped that after two seasons and just put in on their YT channels aswell as last season's CL and europa.

Tournaments like Copa America and Spanish second division also stream their matches on that platform so will be interesting to see how the next decade of tv rights plays out given amazon scooped up two rounds of fixtures this season as a testing pad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Good point , I'm getting confused with non sports subscribers

Gabby on talksprt says he has spoke to players who think its been rushed and won't be back

Now wait for the media to slam Villa for players refusing to play even though he probably didnt even say if spoke to Villa players

So if I get this straight 

The main reason to play is TV ££

But the clubs apparently have to give some £ already 

Now the Gov are saying make game's free to air 

So then Sky BT are paying for something that's no longer exclusive ..

the free to air games will be the dead rubbers that nobody cares about. Newcastle vs Burnley or Everton vs Palace etc. Wont get a big clash or probably even a big team

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

the free to air games will be the dead rubbers that nobody cares about. Newcastle vs Burnley or Everton vs Palace etc. Wont get a big clash or probably even a big team

That's if they get to change whats planned to be televised , which is likely where the debate will be 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52670775

Augsborg boss banned from game for going out to buy toothpaste 🤭

10 minutes ago, Nabby said:

That's if they get to change whats planned to be televised , which is likely where the debate will be 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52670775

Augsborg boss banned from game for going out to buy toothpaste 🤭

Will be like the christmas suspensions all over, if a player doesnt want to play they will just accidentally walk out of the hotel or go to the shop

Glenn Murray seems to have replaced Danny Rose as the poster child for not resuming football so soon. 

He is taking abuse from morons for saying cancel which he didn't say 😂

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yup, couldn't care less if we get relegated if it means lives will be saved.

Ofcourse,

But it’s not as if relegating us will save the world. It’s neither legal nor essential, we need to push them to not relegate us as that won’t change the world situation anyway.

The board need to be sure how to get most benefit for the club, as every business owner is doing. Yes we should not contradict with principals, our club already announced a great things about helping the community. But we need to fight to not be an unjustified victim because PL authorities not giving a ** about the weaker teams.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

They'd kill their grandmother's to finish the season. 

They could well be doing exactly that or killing someone else's, in the mad race to finish a season to claim the championship and in the case of the PL, to grab that tarnished television cash!😠

• Thanks 1

I've said it before I will always love AVFC, I will always follow their progress but I'm just about done with the PL and everything associated it.

I just unsubscribed from kayo because they chose to charge me full price for nothing but replays. I rang them and they didn't give one iota that I was upset. They just wanted their money.

If money didn't have any part of this, we wouldn't even be debating it.

When sport returns I'm going to go and watch the local amateur on a Saturday afternoon and sod staying up all night glued to my computer screen.

This period of time has taught me that there is more to life than football or any sport.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Ofcourse,

But it’s not as if relegating us will save the world. It’s neither legal nor essential, we need to push them to not relegate us as that won’t change the world situation anyway.

The board need to be sure how to get most benefit for the club, as every business owner is doing. Yes we should not contradict with principals, our club already announced a great things about helping the community. But we need to fight to not be an unjustified victim because PL authorities not giving a ** about the weaker teams.

It's essential for Sky/BT as otherwise the remaining 92 games are without meaning. Which means people won't pay to watch. Same reason why promotions are essential for the Championship.

Getting the TV money is essential for clubs who don't buy their players with cash only. When installments for players already bought are due, they will need that cash. 

This is a great opportunity for us as long as we stay in the PL.