Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

So when’s our mystery striker gunna be flying in and where from...... ? Wish @thetrees still posted updates as I loved his plain spotting antics and posts in general. 

Still reckon myself that it will be one of Schick or Mateta, 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

I used to quite like Bacuna. He was a massive cod piece but I remember some great free kicks and he had an eye for goal outfield too. Not sure what Reading have done to him!

Interesting how so many people remember him as having goals from midfield. I remember a couple of his free kicks(one against Cardiff?)

He genuinely only scored 8 goals for villa in 130 apps in all comps.

New clickbait name to add to the list Albian Ajeti from FC Basel. He’s been linked with Wet Spam, the Tesco bags and Brentford... 22 year old so we could structure a deal similar to Guilbert’s whereby he signs and gets loaned back for a season and then replaces Kodija next summer perhaps.... more than likely agent nonsense clickbait journalism but thought I’d share. 

9 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Interesting how so many people remember him as having goals from midfield. I remember a couple of his free kicks(one against Cardiff?)

He genuinely only scored 8 goals for villa in 130 apps in all comps.

That stat alone shows just how low we dropped as a football club - Bacuna played for us on 130 occasions! 😆

We're not done yet, Deano still has sights on a more targets and Deano always finds ways to get his players. Just look at Jota for instance. Brentford weren't big enough to keep him from the evil claws of Small Heathens so Deano joined the mighty Villa in order to rescue his player from the cesspit. 

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So when’s our mystery striker gunna be flying in and where from...... ? Wish @thetrees still posted updates as I loved his plain spotting antics and posts in general. 

Still reckon myself that it will be one of Schick or Mateta, 

Mysteryman was THE MAN.

• Like 2

Smith said we're waiting for things to align, so it could be a case of us having to wait whilst clubs get in replacements for whoever it is we want from them, might mean us having to wait until close to the deadline before we bring anyone in.

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

I used to quite like Bacuna. He was a massive cod piece but I remember some great free kicks and he had an eye for goal outfield too. Not sure what Reading have done to him!

He scored like 2 free kicks.  Then every time we were awarded one and he took it everyone got really excited only to see it smashed over the bar or into the wall.  Utterly dreadful player and you clearly have memory problems if you remember something different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith said we're waiting for things to align, so it could be a case of us having to wait whilst clubs get in replacements for whoever it is we want from them, might mean us having to wait until close to the deadline before we bring anyone in.

Where has he said that?

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He scored like 2 free kicks.  Then every time we were awarded one and he took it everyone got really excited only to see it smashed over the bar or into the wall.  Utterly dreadful player and you clearly have memory problems if you remember something different.

He's possibly my most hated Villa player ever. He used to drive me crazy. Westwood a close second.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think so. I know Roma and Totti and he is pretty much a god. It's hard to explain 

18 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Yep....Totti is out on his own as modern day legends go in Italy. It's going to be a long time before any player is spoken about in the same regard. 

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maldini ;)

Maldini is one of my favourite players of all time, but not many people seem to know that he had much more of an uneasy relationship with the Milan fans than Totti had with Roma's.

https://gentlemanultra.com/2018/05/25/a-vanished-dream-the-story-behind-paolo-maldinis-bitter-milan-farewell/

Boos descended down from the stands at the final whistle. Maldini was in tears as he went on a lap of honour. It was an appalling way for Maldini to exit the San Siro and he did not hold back in the post-match press conference. “I am proud to be nothing like them.” On the same day 20 years ago, Maldini claimed his first European Cup with Milan. How times had changed.

That site has some pretty interesting articles about the Serie A era. Fills in a few lunchtimes for me anyway!

• Like 1

Here

Dean Smith: “We're still looking – we're always open. We've got some players that we'd still like. But everything has to align for that to happen. I'm happy with the squad at the moment. But yes, there's still some areas where we feel we can strengthen.”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's possibly my most hated Villa player ever. He used to drive me crazy. Westwood a close second.

Bacuna hatred is justified.

I feel that Westwood isn't.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably old news but according to the BBC Citeh have just nicked a highly rated youngster off us (Kane Taylor).

Meant to be one of the highest rated youngsters in the country.........can't say I've heard of him, not that that's surprising.

Negotiating compensation now.

article i read said we get £129k as Taylor hadn't signed a deal with us (or something)