Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Reading are still laughing.

Mind you I think that stopped when they bought Bacuna.

I used to quite like Bacuna. He was a massive cod piece but I remember some great free kicks and he had an eye for goal outfield too. Not sure what Reading have done to him!

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Reading are still laughing.

Mind you I think that stopped when they bought Bacuna.

Guy I sit next to at work is a Reading season ticket holder and Bacuna was his favourite player when he played for them.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Two weeks travelling around the Caribbean and I'm totally out of the loop, thanks!

Jez your agent must be getting desperate.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would much prefer Skov Olsen over Benrahma, I really do think Benrahma is getting massively over hyped. But obviously hope I'm very wrong if we do sign him. 

You have obviously never seen Benrahma play except against Villa, I have seen him in every home match and a few away matches for Brentford for the last year, and he brings something a little bit special about him, passing, dribbling, speed etc, he may not be big but he can tie defenders in knots at times, DS will get even more out of him, and he would be a brilliant buy for you, Why hasn't he signed for you yet ? As he still has 3 years left on his contract my guess is we are holding out for the price (unknown) we have asked and are not prepared to budge, after all, with the sale of Maupay yesterday we have made a handsome profit margin this year on player sales, even with our record purchases recently we are still Millions of pounds ahead, and don't need to sell him.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I used to quite like Bacuna. He was a massive cod piece but I remember some great free kicks and he had an eye for goal outfield too. Not sure what Reading have done to him!

Sold him to Cardiff

Probably old news but according to the BBC Citeh have just nicked a highly rated youngster off us (Kane Taylor).

Meant to be one of the highest rated youngsters in the country.........can't say I've heard of him, not that that's surprising.

Negotiating compensation now.

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Jeez, how dull can your football club be?

Tbf the Madjeski has less atmosphere than your average shopping centre. I think they just get excited that someone actually wants to join them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jonjon said:

You have obviously never seen Benrahma play except against Villa, I have seen him in every home match and a few away matches for Brentford for the last year, and he brings something a little bit special about him, passing, dribbling, speed etc, he may not be big but he can tie defenders in knots at times, DS will get even more out of him, and he would be a brilliant buy for you, Why hasn't he signed for you yet ? As he still has 3 years left on his contract my guess is we are holding out for the price (unknown) we have asked and are not prepared to budge, after all, with the sale of Maupay yesterday we have made a handsome profit margin this year on player sales, even with our record purchases recently we are still Millions of pounds ahead, and don't need to sell him.

Actually it seems like Benrahama wants to move on, and in that case you do need to sell him. After all Brentford is about profits, not trophies. 

Personally I hope we just leave him with Brentford. No way on earth are their players worth what they're asking. Just find better alternatives and move on. For every Konsa there is an Engels. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably old news but according to the BBC Citeh have just nicked a highly rated youngster off us (Kane Taylor).

Meant to be one of the highest rated youngsters in the country.........can't say I've heard of him, not that that's surprising.

Thanks for posting, I haven’t heard of him either, edit-it’s in the Daily Telegraph too, edit again- I can’t find it on bbc- edit again found it on bbc, it’s just saying that it’s in the Telegraph 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

City's youth system is meant to be the best in the country. Ex irish international and one time Blackburn manager Lee Carsley running it as far as I remember. 

EDIT: he's with england now and no longer with City. 

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

City's youth system is meant to be the best in the country. Ex irish international and one time Blackburn manager Lee Carsley running it as far as I remember. 

They nick them all from other clubs