Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

So when do we start selling some players?

Could stretch past the closing of the window here. Italy closes (nee SLAMS) on the 18th, France and Germany on the 31st.

Anyone off to the Championship will have to happen this week AFAIK. Leagues 1 and 2 can sign players up until the 2nd of September I think. And I think any loans are within those dates too.

Closing in on Juve in 4th

Add the Marvelous deal and we are up to £134m according to these valuations

Top ten biggest spenders in Europe so far this summer…

5) Aston Villa (£123.11m)
Players bought: Wesley (£22.5m, Club Brugge), Tyrone Mings (£20m, Bournemouth), Douglas Luiz (£15m, Man City), Matt Targett (£14m, Aston Villa), Ezro Konza (£12m, Brentford), Trezeguet (£9m, Kasimpasa), Anwar El Ghazi (£8m, Lille), Tom Heaton (£8m, Burnley), Bjorn Engels (£7.2m, Reims), Jota (£4m, Birmingham), Kortney Hause (£3m, Wolves).

The Premier League’s biggest spenders are trying desperately to push Alex Pritchard off this list, but they will never succeed. We will not allow it. Villa have responded to promotion by being very proactive, making three loan signings permanent and bringing in another seven. They have spent an awful lot but none of those players look like massive gambles; they have learned lessons from the Fulham farrago and generally bought young players who would not look out of place in the Championship. They have probably bought themselves a mid-table finish. It helps when no other club is really spending money.

4) Juventus (£136.35m)
Players bought: Matthijs De Ligt (£76.95m, Ajax), Cristian Romero (£23.4m, Genoa), Luca Pellegrini (£19.8m, Roma), Merih Demiral (£16.2m, Sassuolo), Aaron Ramsey, Adrien Rabiot, Gianluigi Buffon (all free).

https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-biggest-spenders-in-europe-so-far-this-summer

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve let a lot of players go already, I think we can loan out a few of the youngsters, who would you sell?

Well as much as I have been defending him (but that was mainly from ott disrespectful comments) I would sell Birkir now and Lansbury possibly as well. Also possibly sell Nyland or Lovre, or better yet both. Steer is more than adequate under study to Heaton.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well as much as I have been defending him (but that was mainly from ott disrespectful comments) I would sell Birkir now and Lansbury possibly as well. Also possibly sell Nyland or Lovre, or better yet both. Steer is more than adequate under study to Heaton.

What about Hourihane?

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

2 more. At least. And possibly up towards 200m spend.

Yeah I know. It's just crazy.

The title of this thread is so very apt. I can hear The Twighlight Zone music playing everytime I open it. 

One more to come I think 

An exciting wide forward who can play up top too - Maupay plan B, who’s plan A?! 

Heaton, Steer 

Guilbert, Elmo

Engels, Konsa, Chester 

Mings, Hause 

Targett, Taylor 

Luiz, Houihane 

McGinn, Marvelous 

Grealish, Lansbury 

NEW, Jota 

El Ghazi, Trezeguet 

Wesley, Kodjia

Kalinic, Nyland, Bikir, Tishbola, Hogan need to be sold