Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Serie A is hardly a shit league though. There's a lot of reasons why players would want to play there over here. You only have to look at Leao and Lukaku to see that. 

Lukaku is going because he is finished in the PL and no top team would have him. Dybala is a much, much better player and coming to the PL.

Of course, Serie A is a great league and top players would want to go there, and Italy is a great place to live. But the PL is the top league atm.

Edited by Mazrim

Just now, Mazrim said:

Lukaka is going because he is finished in the PL and no top team would have him. Dybala is a much, much better player and coming to the PL.

Of course, Serie A is a great league and top players would want to go there, and Italy is a great place to live. But the PL is the top league atm.

No doubt where the money and power is, I remember the 90s and late 80s, when apart from the big two in spain the world's best players played in serie a. It wasn't completely weird for a player to want to stay/play in England though back then, same as it's not for players wanted to stay/play in Italy now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Last summer we were close to being under administration.

This summer we are the 5th highest spenders in the world.

Football is weird.

Just out of interest, are you happy with the way things are going?

PS: Not having a dig, it's a sincere question.

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Very impressed, how can you not be?

Whether everyone will gel together in such a short space of time remains to be seen. But if we manage to stay up i think we have a very good chance to establish ourselves inside the top 10.

• Like 2

Do we think it would be beneficial to Keinan Davis to send him out on loan for a full season if we sign another striker?

Wesley, Kodjia and a new striker would be more than adequate.

I actually think Davis would do very well in the PL this season, however he needs game time to start banging in goals regularly. He's been very impressive in pre-season.

58 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Lukaku is going because he is finished in the PL and no top team would have him. Dybala is a much, much better player and coming to the PL.

Lukaku is only 26 years old, it just feels like he has been around for longer, I’d take him here. He’s an excellent striker in my opinion, one of the best finishers in Europe, he’s just going through a bad spell currently

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Do we think it would be beneficial to Keinan Davis to send him out on loan for a full season if we sign another striker?

I actually think Davis would do very well in the PL this season, however he needs game time to start banging in goals regularly. He's been very impressive in pre-season.

I do. Although I suppose it depends on how important a back-up 'Big Man' might be and who the new striker may or may not be.

I think they all need games, him, JDH, RHM, Suliman and O'Hare

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Don’t forget about Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Scott Hogan too, I agree about Davis, he’s been great in pre season. He’s a dying breed of a striker, an old fashioned target man, I think he can and will score goals though

I think we are after Benrahma. I’d prefer getting him and having Kodjia as a backup than getting Maupay.

I think we’ll need time to find a gem that would agree to be a backup player, and to be honest Benrahma potential is higher than Maupay or whoever.

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Lukaku is only 26 years old, it just feels like he has been around for longer, I’d take him here. He’s an excellent striker in my opinion, one of the best finishers in Europe, he’s just going through a bad spell currently

He's definitely not one of the best finishers in Europe at all. His game is based on power, pace and strength. Even back during the best spell of his career he used to miss bucket loads of chances.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's done a Gabby

lukaku.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Compared to this time last year how could any supporter not be happy with this summer!  Lets go with the flow and hope it works out!

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Imagine if Kodjia had a better attitude.

He has the quality to be a fine backup striker in Premier League.

There is nothing wrong with his attitude, he just doesn't quite fit the system Dean plays. People forget Under Bruce he had to create his own chances and score them.

It was rare to see Abraham tracking back or even getting many assists (some), so hard to really fault Kodjia for not doing this either. Dean often player him wide which doesn't suit him.

I think being a very occasional impact sub isn't great for him either, but when he did come in for Tammy as a starter at the end of the season, he scored the goals we needed to qualify for the play offs, not sure what else he is supposed to do.

is he is fine as back up? Yes! Do we need a different type of striker as back up for Wes? Yes also!

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It was rare to see Abraham tracking back 

Perhaps you had a Cameron-esque claret & blue confusion last season. Maybe you were watching West ham by accident? ! Tammy was one of the hardest working players on the pitch and talked back on a regular basis. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Perhaps you had a Cameron-esque claret & blue confusion last season. Maybe you were watching West ham by accident? ! Tammy was one of the hardest working players on the pitch and talked back on a regular basis. 

he talked back to the ref a lot, i'll give you that. Tracking back was 50/50 on whether he did or not, not dissing him as a player but he wasn't always the work horse your claret and blue tinted glasses claim, especially towards the end of the season. Nor would i expect him to track back either, he's a lone striker. He often tracked back when he lost the ball, i'll give you that also.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Haha 2