Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, eholm said:

Twitter seeming to be linking us to Belotti (nicknamed the Rooster) from Torino. Quality striker but surely very little chance of him coming here.

Belotti is an incredible player, he's touted to break Torino's all time scoring record. He seems to love it there and he's a total god up there. It would be an unbelievable coup to get him. he signed a new contract recently I think too so he would not be cheap. I doubt he'd come, although that said Torino is a club with a glorious old history in serie A, there are parallels with us on that front but that's clutching at straws!

10 minutes ago, eholm said:

Twitter seeming to be linking us to Belotti (nicknamed the Rooster) from Torino. Quality striker but surely very little chance of him coming here.

This guy is hardly ITK. I would take these twitter rumours with a pinch of salt. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Either Belotti or Berardi would be 'outrageous'... and not at the same time. No offence to Sassuolo and Torino intended. I'm aware Torino finished 7th least season but Premier League.

Torino are flying, they have their own feelgood factor going on at the mo, until the Superga disaster they were Italy's giants. Unlike Man U, they never recovered.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Either Belotti or Berardi would be 'outrageous'... and not at the same time. No offence to Sassuolo and Torino intended. I'm aware Torino finished 7th least season but Premier League.

Serie A is hardly a shit league though. There's a lot of reasons why players would want to play there over here. You only have to look at Leao and Lukaku to see that. 

• Like 1

Just now, romavillan said:

Torino are flying, they have their own feelgood factor going on at the mo, until the Superga disaster they were Italy's giants. Unlike Man U, they never recovered.

Fair point well made. I notice now that their honours list is very similar to our own. 

My humble apologies to any Torino fans. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Serie A is hardly a shit league though. There's a lot of reasons why players would want to play there over here. You only have to look at Leao and Lukaku to see that. 

I definitely wasn't saying it's a shit league. More than PL money talks. Loudly. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I definitely wasn't saying it's a shit league. More than PL money talks. Loudly. 

Yeah, that's fair, quite often money talks. I can imagine we'd be able to match the wages of most Serie A clubs (other than the elite). Either way, hope we sign Belotti. :D 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Someone find out what strikers in serie A the agent of that Juve goalkeeper represents 

I will answer myself. 

Joaquín Correa @ Lazio 

All though he is probably more of an AMC than striker. Tall bastard mind. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1