Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

You take away all the (Add-ons) that #avfc have added into their transfer policy and they're closer to £110m on Transfers Spend than £133.5m. #TransferTalk
9:44 am · 1 Aug 2019·Twitter for Android

Interesting tweet regarding our spending .... 

6 minutes ago, Smartin said:

I've being saying all along that survival is the goal, and that is obv still the case first and foremost, but I do now think that we will be comfortably above all that. I know its a big step up and there are a ton of players to gel but I just think our squad is too good, our feel good factor is too good, our plan throughout the club is too cohesive and Smith, O'Kelly and Terry are too good at coaching that there just has to be a number of clubs worse than us... doesn't there?!

Love the Collina pic! The wheels could really spectacularly fall off, but I really don't think they will this time. I think we will definitely have a couple of rough runs results wise, the league is too good for us not to. We just have to hope that the sort of fan that was piping up for Smith to go last season has a bit more patience when we get beat a lot more regularly. That's pretty key to keeping the feel good factor, the backroom can be as good as they like, and the boardroom too but if when the worlds camera's are down Villa park and the atmosphere is poisonous it'll take the shine off it.

We need to be ready for getting beat, we need to be ready for things not to go our way. As long as the team get what Smith's about and give everything every week then that's good enough for me. As long as we get that the rest should take care of itself.

It's certainly hard to criticise anything the club has done since appointing Smith, they've done everything they could have to put the right tools in Smith's hands and this summer has been epic.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Love the Collina pic! The wheels could really spectacularly fall off, but I really don't think they will this time. I think we will definitely have a couple of rough runs results wise, the league is too good for us not to. We just have to hope that the sort of fan that was piping up for Smith to go last season has a bit more patience when we get beat a lot more regularly. That's pretty key to keeping the feel good factor, the backroom can be as good as they like, and the boardroom too but if when the worlds camera's are down Villa park and the atmosphere is poisonous it'll take the shine off it.

We need to be ready for getting beat, we need to be ready for things not to go our way. As long as the team get what Smith's about and give everything every week then that's good enough for me. As long as we get that the rest should take care of itself.

It's certainly hard to criticise anything the club has done since appointing Smith, they've done everything they could have to put the right tools in Smith's hands and this summer has been epic.

Spot on. I'll be right behind the team whatever the results. As long as they give their all for the club, that is good enough for me, and as you say the rest should take care of itself. We as fans need to give our all week in week out too!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd rather we went for Benhrama over Berardi tbh... 

I can understand that. Berardi has and is playing at a higher level and can play as a striker which is what we need. Maybe Benrahma comes in too? You never know this summer.

the FM player from 5 years ago desperately wants us to sign beradi

the FM player from last year knows that moise kean is now where its at

I think he's a risk, not lived up to his potential, one hell of a statement but still a risk

what you would say is that a front 4 of big wes with then jack, jota and beradi playing off him would be mental, everyone popping up everywhere

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well as much as I have been defending him (but that was mainly from ott disrespectful comments) I would sell Birkir now and Lansbury possibly as well. Also possibly sell Nyland or Lovre, or better yet both. Steer is more than adequate under study to Heaton.

That would be ludicrous to start the season with one back up goalie, your an injury and suspension away (which are both more likely with a keeper) from a disaster! 

Edited by Hobbit Feet

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

@romavillan as one of VTs Seria A officianados what is your opinion of Berardi as a player. Sounds like he was a superstar at 19 who has lost his way a bit. A risk for big money or a talent who could flourish alongside better players? 

He's class, he can play down the right or up top, scores goals, very good technically. Roma wanted him a while ago, Sassuolo wanted €50m, then he got injured and the hype died down a bit and he'd be available for €20m or so, Roma still interested and lots of rumours about him coming to Roma still knocking around. 

He's young, and him integrating well isn't a given, we don't have any other Italians about the place. I reckon at €20m he's better value than a UK based player though, he's scored goals at a higher level than the championship and can play wide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used to play as Sassuolo on fifa online exclusively so that I could play as Berardi, loved watching him play. If he starts to realise his potential he could be a special player still 

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I’ve said it before Chester has earned the right to stay with us for as long as his contract is, and after that in a coaching role if he chooses. He chose to damage his body for us for me that means we have a duty of care to look after him.

Deffo the honourable thing to do is to give him a role here, he pretty much sacrificed the end of his career for us in the year we got back to the top flight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I’ve said it before Chester has earned the right to stay with us for as long as his contract is, and after that in a coaching role if he chooses. He chose to damage his body for us for me that means we have a duty of care to look after him.

Maybe so but I don't think we're going to base business decisions off of sentimentality any longer.

I also don't think we're going to be a retirement home for the walking wounded any longer.

So whilst morally - you're right to say what you've said, I don't think we'll be entertaining such a notion.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve let a lot of players go already, I think we can loan out a few of the youngsters, who would you sell?

All of the people I would ideally sell we would really struggle to do so:

Thor, Hogan and Lansbury.

• Like 1