Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

That Saint-Maxmin chap looks like a Playstation footballer: going past people for fun and looks like an absolute beasty. Made for YouTube. Unfortunately, the last player I said that about was Adama. 

It's fun to watch players spinning around but it's not particularly impressive if a) they run the ball into touch or b) fluff their lines on the cross/finish. 

Jonathan Bamba makes a lot of sense to me, our French scout earlier in the summer said there were players in both the French development national teams, and Ligue 1 that might be of interest to us, Bamba would match both those criteria, he can also genuinely play on either wing or upfront,  plays for Lille, so if we were really watching Leao then we would have seen Bamba plenty of times. Not sure if he'd be a big name signing in the sense that Dan Bardell suggests though.

Other young French strikers that I can think of that might not be too unrealistic are Mateta, and Edouard from Celtic. Not that it's guaranteed that we're going to be signing a French striker, just making link between what our French scout said earlier in the summer.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Jonathan Bamba makes a lot of sense to me, our French scout earlier in the summer said there were players in both the French development national teams, and Ligue 1 that might be of interest to us, Bamba would match both those criteria, he can also genuinely play on either wing or upfront,  plays for Lille, so if we were really watching Leao then we would have seen Bamba plenty of times. Not sure if he'd be a big name signing in the sense that Dan Bardell suggests though

his friends call him Para bailar La Bamba 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Allan Saint-Maximin is going to Newcastle 

Well, according to the papers, Maupay was a dead cert to go to Sheffield United weeks ago. Now he is a dead cert to go to Brighton. Not to mention the Newcastle rumours started when benitez was in charge.

I hate to tell you this, but most rumours are lies (as may also be the case with the villa links above). 

Edited by Made In Aston

We won't be done. We need another striker, or at least another forward with goals in him.

We can't go into the season with Wesley, Kodjia and Hogan as senior strikers. Wesley's an unknown quantity, Kodjia blew hot and cold in the Championship and Hogan's shite. Obviously the way we play we'll get goals across the team but you need strikers chipping in and when Wesley misses a match we're staring at an unreliable wildcard, a hopeless case, and 2 kids, neither of which has set the world on fire yet (who need loans).

We need another striker.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We won't be done. We need another striker, or at least another forward with goals in him.

We can't go into the season with Wesley, Kodjia and Hogan as senior strikers. Wesley's an unknown quantity, Kodjia blew hot and cold in the Championship and Hogan's shite. Obviously the way we play we'll get goals across the team but you need strikers chipping in and when Wesley misses a match we're staring at an unreliable wildcard, a hopeless case, and 2 kids, neither of which has set the world on fire yet (who need loans).

We need another striker.

Definately. Spot on. 

I also can't see us sending Green on loan with just Jota covering the right flank.  

Considering the last signings we'll be looking at are a striker and winger, I wonder how long it takes the media to link us to a Brentford double swoop. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

he talked back to the ref a lot, i'll give you that. Tracking back was 50/50 on whether he did or not, not dissing him as a player but he wasn't always the work horse your claret and blue tinted glasses claim, especially towards the end of the season. Nor would i expect him to track back either, he's a lone striker. He often tracked back when he lost the ball, i'll give you that also.

He was the hardest working striker that Villa has had in my decade or so of following Villa. Name someone who came close.

46 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Well, according to the papers, Maupay was a dead cert to go to Sheffield United weeks ago. Now he is a dead cert to go to Brighton. Not to mention the Newcastle rumours started when benitez was in charge.

I hate to tell you this, but most rumours are lies (as may also be the case with the villa links above). 

Fee agreed this morning though I think