Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s probably nobody. We’ll sign Maupay and I for one will be happy with that. 

With Brighton stepping up their interest I guess we will find out soon enough. I can't believe our new team will let Maupay slip away at this stage of the window if he is indeed our Plan A or Plan B

1 minute ago, 1Elliot said:

With Brighton stepping up their interest I guess we will find out soon enough. I can't believe our new team will let Maupay slip away at this stage of the window if he is indeed our Plan A or Plan B

i'm not convinced he was/is either

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It seemed unlikely Abraham would love from the championship to fight for a starting place at Chelsea. Lampard might have changed that. Either way it's a certainty to me Smith wanted to keep Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

If you wanna believe it's some mystery striker that's fair enough. 

I'm sure he did. I'm also sure both players made it clear to him they wouldn't be coming back. 

There is no way anyone at villa has spent time trying to sign either of them for us this summer. Madness. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why do we think there is a mystery striker, have I missed something? 

Have a look at Dan Bardells latest comms and catch up. I think theres something in it as it lines up with stuff I've heard for a while now, for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Why do we think there is a mystery striker, have I missed something? 

Obviously people have already commented about the rumours above but I would also add that it makes sense. Look at our squad post signing Heaton and soon to be Marvelous, our squad is short on a another quality striker.  

We’ve smashed it with every position having two quality options except that direct, central, forward player.  I would say striker but others would argue about our set up so for me we have all those supporting positions covered up front but that central, forward player we only have Wesley.  Behind that we have Kodja, Hogan, Davis and RHM, which is fairly weak compared to how our business has been conducted with the rest of the team.

so added to the rumours of mystery striker, smashing our transfer record again, the way we have done business this summer and the need for another striker.....it makes sense.  It could just be hopeful wish that we want to come true.

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why? No one else does, they just make up 100 rumours and claim victory when one comes in

Some do. Some are worth listening to when they do say something. But I was referring to finding out who somebody is in about the same time it takes to type the question into Google.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Obviously people have already commented about the rumours above but I would also add that it makes sense. Look at our squad post signing Heaton and soon to be Marvelous, our squad is short on a another quality striker.  

We’ve smashed it with every position having two quality options except that direct, central, forward player.  I would say striker but others would argue about our set up so for me we have all those supporting positions covered up front but that central, forward player we only have Wesley.  Behind that we have Kodja, Hogan, Davis and RHM, which is fairly weak compared to how our business has been conducted with the rest of the team.

so added to the rumours of mystery striker, smashing our transfer record again, the way we have done business this summer and the need for another striker.....it makes sense.  It could just be hopeful wish that we want to come true.

And LB 

RB might be fine with Elmo as back up