Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Thing is with Maupay is he's nothing at all like Wes. It's clear we're going to play the same way every week this season (good), so if Wes gets injured we need someone fairly similar.Davis isn't good enough - but Maupay is totally different. 

Not sure what the answer is but hopefully Smith and Suso have an idea. 

I think Smith just wants intelligent players with good movement and that are comfortable on the ball. Maupay whilst different type of player to Wesley would still be able to play the way Smith wants us too.

11 minutes ago, penguin said:

I wouldn't want Maupay at all even if solely for what a horrible little bastard he is.

Also noticed their captain went to WBA for £3M, nice of them throw a bone to the little guy by selling one of their players for a tenth of his value.

I feel quite sad for Sawyers, he's a good player at championship level.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wasn't he the one we were linked with all last season?

Yes, he was at Walsall with Deano, when Deano went to Brentford he took him with him to Brentford.

Really good creative player at championship level, was quite important to Brentfords style of play, although sure they have a ready made replacement already.

Feel sad he went to WBA, wonder if they will get the best out of him or drown him in turgid bruceball. 

They do have bilic as manager now so maybe they will be more expansive?

If we were still in the championship I wouldn't have been surprised at all if he had joined us....

Edited by MaVilla

I went to school with Romaine he's a really nice lad, so have been keeping tabs on him. Surprised no premier league teams were sniffing around especially for that price, he's quality imo, but he played for Albion back when we were 6/7 until late teens I believe and family in the area so obviously a big connection to the place.

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

I went to school with Romaine he's a really nice lad, so have been keeping tabs on him. Surprised no premier league teams were sniffing around especially for that price, he's quality imo, but he played for Albion back when we were 6/7 until late teens I believe and family in the area so obviously a big connection to the place.

Yeah tbh I might have even taken a punt on him now we are in the prem as a squad player.......For only 3m or so.

He is a very classy player.

14 hours ago, John said:

I see that Coral have us at +52 on their handicap betting for the coming season. Might be worth a cheeky wager in my opinion, given the business that we have done to date. 15/1 seems decent odds. 😉 Remember to bet responsibly...😇

I'm on it mate. I think it's a great punt at 15-1 we need around 50-60 points to be there. I think that's highly realistic.

Thanks for pointing this out. Easy money

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mooley22 said:

Being honest if we could fund Luiz,Phillips and Marvelous out of a fee for Mcginn and still have money left over you'd have to take it but i dont see Mcginn going anywhere this year anyway

Nor do I.

I wouldn't take their offer either. We already have a marvellous player in Super John. He's not for sale and I would prefer to keep him, than to bring in the other three and have some change left in my pocket.

John, Jack and Tyrone played a crucial role in getting us promoted last season. They will in my opinion also play a big part in bringing trophies to our club again in future years.  🏆🏆

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I haven't been following this thread, so apologies if this has been addressed a lot, but have there been any solid links regarding players leaving?

Bizarrely none. It has been very quiet on players leaving, with a rumour of one of the youngsters going out on loan (RHM IIRC) but that’s it.

I’m excluding the SJM rubbish from the sun as you requested solid links…

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Bizarrely none. It has been very quiet on players leaving, with a rumour of one of the youngsters going out on loan (RHM IIRC) but that’s it.

I’m excluding the SJM rubbish from the sun as you requested solid links…

Yes, I don't really count the McGinn stuff either (which I am aware of). It seems unlikely to me that United would match our valuation of him without him ever having kicked a ball in top-flight English football. 

However, as we have done ourselves with Kalinic and a few others, clubs can keep an 'institutional eye' on players that goes beyond one individual manager, and it does seem as if United might be monitoring McGinn's future, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there in January or next summer if he does well. 

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I don't really count the McGinn stuff either (which I am aware of). It seems unlikely to me that United would match our valuation of him without him ever having kicked a ball in top-flight English football. 

However, as we have done ourselves with Kalinic and a few others, clubs can keep an 'institutional eye' on players that goes beyond one individual manager, and it does seem as if United might be monitoring McGinn's future, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there in January or next summer if he does well. 

They could be, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that may be seen as a step down in a year or so... probably not but if we build a sense of going places, players won’t want to leave.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John said:

I see that Coral have us at +52 on their handicap betting for the coming season. Might be worth a cheeky wager in my opinion, given the business that we have done to date. 15/1 seems decent odds. 😉 Remember to bet responsibly...😇

Any links to oddschecker mate? Can only see +48

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you mean?

If you could pick any eleven players in the Premier League (any of them) to be Villa’s first team right now... who would you go for? :o

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you could pick any eleven players in the Premier League (any of them) to be Villa’s first team right now... who would you go for? :o

Now you've gone and done it! Prepare for 20 pages of fun :D

• Haha 3