Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought this would be a cringe teenage YouTube vlog but she's 100% right

https://youtu.be/8cZResqtdmI

I like stuntpegg, (or Nieve, to use her proper name) she's usually entertaining and knowledgeable about what she's talking about. 

Edited by johnny from donny
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know right?  Imagine if the journalist who completely made it up had been in charge and he'd ended up as our manager.

Didn’t Henry himself confirm some form of contact / talks took place? I could be wrong.

Maupay's stats look good, 25 goals 8 assists (3 of those goals were penalties) from 43 starts, but I still think Benrahma would be a far better fit for our new look team and squad.

Benrahma scored 10 goals and assisted 15 (no penalties) from 29 starts, and would add immensely to the fluid movement of our midfield from both wings, and if needed in the middle as an AMF.

He would also be less vunerable to VAR decisions (imo).

Buying Benrahma and a really good keeper would complete a very good squad for the 19/20 season. It would be a total transformation from our Championship team.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that Butland presents a lower risk than signing another goalkeeping prospect from abroad. I suspect that the deal would have been done by now, had Stoke been willing to move a little bit on their price. I suspect that the same may be the case with both Maupay and Benrahma, as was the case with Lolley. Plan B may be Wilson and I would like to think Bowen, if the clubs in question won't shift on their valuations. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Kodjia got so much more ability than Hogan.

People on here are judging him but he's mostly been played out of position last season because of Abraham.

I'd sell Hogan and keep Kodjia.

Kodjia has a slight chance with his ball control.....both are a bit lightweight and easily negated, Hogan has no touch or ball control, he will be eaten alive.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought this would be a cringe teenage YouTube vlog but she's 100% right

https://youtu.be/8cZResqtdmI

Been watching StuntPegg videos for a while now. I have a daughter her age and, without trying to sound patronising, I think StuntPegg produces some really good football content, not just for her age. Good to see insightful football analysis away from the glamour of the PL. Watching the plight of Bolton last season helped my perspective on Villa’s stuttering season (until the incredible final quarter).  StuntPegg saw straight through the lazy ‘doing a Fulham’ stuff by looking at past history, the date and type of players we have signed (including that we already had 3 of them last season). Interesting that 5 of the last 6 teams promoted teams, who immediately spent over £50m on numerous players, survived. A higher survival rate than promoted teams who have not ‘invested heavily’. So why compare us to Fulham instead of the teams who invested and survived? Because it’s the most recent and lazy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brommy said:

Been watching StuntPegg videos for a while now. I have a daughter her age and, without trying to sound patronising, I think StuntPegg produces some really good football content, not just for her age. Good to see insightful football analysis away from the glamour of the PL. Watching the plight of Bolton last season helped my perspective on Villa’s stuttering season (until the incredible final quarter).  StuntPegg saw straight through the lazy ‘doing a Fulham’ stuff by looking at past history, the date and type of players we have signed (including that we already had 3 of them last season). Interesting that 5 of the last 6 teams promoted teams, who immediately spent over £50m on numerous players, survived. A higher survival rate than promoted teams who have not ‘invested heavily’. So why compare us to Fulham instead of the teams who invested and survived? Because it’s the most recent and lazy.

It's superlazy and done for the attention grabbing. Doing a Fulham seems to be more of an outlier than the norm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

People not understanding we're a forward looking club not backward.

Are you saying that you wouldn’t take an experienced German international who has played at the very top of the game for club and country?

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you saying that you wouldn’t take an experienced German international who has played at the very top of the game for club and country?

I wouldn't take some has been, that hardly set the Premier league alight when he was in his prime, let alone at the tail end of his career. I'm sure you and fat Sam would get on really well! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes that's exactly what we saying because he's not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I wouldn't take some has been, that hardly set the Premier league alight when he was in his prime, let alone at the tail end of his career. I'm sure you and fat Sam would get on really well! 

I’d take him, yes, I’m sure we would ;)

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That's what i am saying yes.

Watched him in some Fulham games last season and he was awful.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Yes that's exactly what we saying because he's not good enough. 

This we that you speak of? It’s a football forum where every opinion is different from everyone else, I think he is good enough