Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Shawcross stretchered off for stoke today with a bad sounding ankle injury. How about we offer them Chester plus £15million and the choice of Revan or Green on loan ... worth a punt ? 

Why would we offer all that for Shawcross, he's injured. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

My friend, i have been talking about facts (due to experience) not speculations. 

Lets just wait and see shall we? I doubt it, but if Birkir somehow turns out to be a perfect fit in the PL I will be very happy.

34 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Shawcross stretchered off for stoke today with a bad sounding ankle injury. How about we offer them Chester plus £15million and the choice of Revan or Green on loan ... worth a punt ? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Lets just wait and see shall we? I doubt it, but if Birkir somehow turns out to be a perfect fit in the PL I will be very happy.

Im not saying that he would be perfect fit for PL  But if you look at experience (national, top 4 league in europe) then there are nobody else who have that experience. This experience is very valuable.

Bjarnason has also played in the champions league. I think one thing that people seem to forget is that we actually play him out of position, before he came to us he'd never played as a defensive midfielder, he always played as an attacking midfielder or on the left-wing, and to be fair he had a pretty good goal-scoring record as well.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jonsi77 said:

Im not saying that he would be perfect fit for PL  But if you look at experience (national, top 4 league in europe) then there are nobody else who have that experience. This experience is very valuable.

I personally think that this PL experience factor is a bit clichéed and overrated tbh. Good footballers are good footballers and the teams and their respective players change over time. Birkir imo is not as good a footballer as our other options imo and after a few games our squad as a whole will have PL experience anyhow, whether beneficial or not.

Experience and competence are two entirely different things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I personally think that this PL experience factor is a bit clichéed and overrated tbh. Good footballers are good footballers and the teams and their respective players change over time. Birkir imo is not as good a footballer as our other options imo and after a few games our squad as a whole will have PL experience anyhow, whether beneficial or not.

I think PL experience is huge, most of the newly promoted teams last years who have choose to go in the league without it (apart from Burnley and Wolves) have been relegated.

7 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

I think PL experience is huge, most of the newly promoted teams last years who have choose to go in the league without it (apart from Burnley and Wolves) have been relegated.

Wrong articles have been done about this. It's a stupid throwaway line from Talksport idiots and the like. 

Here is blog article with lots of recent examples

https://underagaslitlamp.com/2019/07/08/assessing-the-importance-of-premier-league-experience-in-transfers/

Edited by Kiwivillan

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Experience and competence are two entirely different things.

You gain experience through competence. Sampdoria, Basel, Pescara saw it at least.

7 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Yes but playing International football against Premier League players is not the same as Premier League experience!!

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes but playing International football against Premier League players is not the same as Premier League experience!!

I know, but if you have played well and score versus top PL players in national games and played wll in Serie A you are closer to that experience than other in the squad who havent play in top 4 league and national.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't you take this to Birkir thread so I don't have to read your constant obsessive posts about him?

Just pinpointing facts - no obsessions or speculations

Just pinpointing facts - no obsessions or speculations

The fact is Thor hasn’t got any PL experience. Playing against PL players in international matches is nothing like playing in the PL. Whether PL experience is beneficial or not, if you want to base your argument on facts, he simply hasn’t got any PL experience. 

• Like 1