Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

to be fair im not 100% sold on Maupay, but.....

I would like Butland, Benrahma & a striker (Maupay or other decent striker).

after that i think we are done? (if we also sign Nakamba - which isnt confirmed yet?)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

What sell Thor our world class international midfield dynamo?? Surely not!!

No no, not world class, has been able to play well and score against high quality PL players in games that does matter. 

3 hours ago, John said:

I see that Coral have us at +52 on their handicap betting for the coming season. Might be worth a cheeky wager in my opinion, given the business that we have done to date. 15/1 seems decent odds. 😉 Remember to bet responsibly...😇

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

so we'd have needed 47 points last season to cash in right? (+52 to make 99). 15/1 seems long for us to get 47 points. We're 2/1 pretty much to go down. Personally I think it's more likely we'll be closer to 47 points than relegation....

Just an FYI before placing any bets.

You have to take every teams handicap into account with season handicap bets. So Liverpool would have been the handicap winner last year on 104 points, they were 7+ handicap, so that would have been the points total we needed to beat.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, penguin said:

Just an FYI before placing any bets.

You have to take every teams handicap into account with season handicap bets. So Liverpool would have been the handicap winner last year on 104 points, they were 7+ handicap, so that would have been the points total we needed to beat.

They are plus 5 this season. Yes, its a risky business and that is why there are very few poor bookmakers. ;)

To reduce that risk, I might go e/w for 25% the odds for a first 4 finish. I'm only placing what I can afford to lose and I'm not suggesting anyone else has a go and potentially ends up on skid row as a result. When the fun stops - stop or don't start. :cheers:

Back on topic. There is a fortnight to go, are there any more signings likely to be made before Wednesday?:D

Edited by John

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought this would be a cringe teenage YouTube vlog but she's 100% right

https://youtu.be/8cZResqtdmI

How dare you talk about Stunt Pegg like that. I’ve been subscribed to her channel for a few months. Regular content and generally an interesting watch, if a bit amateur/jokey 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A38villan said:

I don' know why the free agent market has not been mentioned more. 1 year contracts

Gk: Michel worm / adrian / al habsi / eneymea

Cb: Cahill

St: welbeck

I’d rather have an enema than sign them.

Spoiler

I did want Cahill before we’d signed anyone, but now we’re well stocked in defence. The rest just don’t seem to fit the mould that we’regoing for.

Edited by Rob182

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him, yes, I’m sure we would ;)

This is the second time over the last 48 hours where you made me wish that the little grey heart in the corner contained a face-palm emoji. 

Sorry mate but you are just so out-there sometimes. Having said that, I do often wonder what a SGC team would look like and how it would perform over a season. 

• Like 1

Any player in at this point is a bonus, been a great window for us and think any of us would bite the hand off you if we were offered this at time of lifting playoffs trophy

On side note , as it's basically Christmas for us this summer,

villa park would be nice to hear a Christmas song , maybe on the first day of window Dean Smith bought for me

10 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree with people who are saying we should keep Kodja and sell Hogan as Kodja is the better player, actually finding someone to buy Hogan is the problem. 

That's why you can't really get rid of them because no one wants them at there wages. Sell Kodjia if possible and Hogan will just keep rotting unless he finds a way to dig himself out of his grave.

The two of them need to go for many reasons they just don't fit anymore, it's ok people saying it's abit harsh in kodjia but truth is we've moved on from the lazy football both play.

We need one striker like Maupay, I like the idea of having a big striker like Wesley playing to wear the opposition down then bring a totally different striker like Maupay on to rip them apart with his agility, speed and cunning. Wes and Maupay are totally different and I see a great partnership between them it's like fire and ice, different effects, different outcomes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's why you can't really get rid of them because no one wants them at there wages. Sell Kodjia if possible and Hogan will just keep rotting unless he finds a way to dig himself out of his grave.

The two of them need to go for many reasons they just don't fit anymore, it's ok people saying it's abit harsh in kodjia but truth is we've moved on from the lazy football both play.

We need one striker like Maupay, I like the idea of having a big striker like Wesley playing to wear the opposition down then bring a totally different striker like Maupay on to rip them apart with his agility, speed and cunning. Wes and Maupay are totally different and I see a great partnership between them it's like fire and ice, different effects, different outcomes.

lazy football both play... what a weird sweeping statement, neither are lazy, you could say Kodjia is selfish at times but that can be forgiven if he scores which is a big 'IF'. Hogan is ineffective, but he's not lazy. We need squad depth and while I doubt Hogan has a future with us, Davies has great hold up play but rarely looks like scoring, RHM is going on loan. So as it stands we need Kodjia and i don't get why people are so critical of him. Even if we sign another striker we still need another for back up.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Shawcross stretchered off for stoke today with a bad sounding ankle injury. How about we offer them Chester plus £15million and the choice of Revan or Green on loan for Butland ... worth a punt ? 

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

:) still one of few in this squad who are capable of stand pressure of PL.

Look. If we had swedish players in the villa squad I probably would be quite partially biased too, but seriously mate...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Look. If we had swedish players in the villa squad I probably would be quite partially biased too, but seriously mate...

My friend, i have been talking about facts (due to experience) not speculations.