Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You think everyone in the world is good enough. 

That’s not fair. He generally only thinks they are good enough when the majority think they are not ;)

As for Schurrle, he probably is good enough but seems to be declining and isn’t going to get any better. He’s wages are probably quite high too.

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

When have I said that?

Ok, I went too far with that, fair enough. You’re still the single worst judge of a footballers ability than anyone I’ve ever met though. I’ve never known anyone be so wide of the mark, so often.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though. I think we all do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

The fact is Thor hasn’t got any PL experience. Playing against PL players in international matches is nothing like playing in the PL. Whether PL experience is beneficial or not, if you want to base your argument on facts, he simply hasn’t got any PL experience. 

I know, but if you have played well and score versus top PL players in national games and played wll in Serie A you are closer to that experience than other in the squad who havent play in top 4 league and national. I have never said anything else :)

• Sad 1

Jonsi77 let's not kid ourselves. Given that BB was not in the squad today and we've signed Douglas and will sign Nakamba he's gone.

I have a soft spot for him as well given how well he's done for Iceland but he's simply not been good enough for Villa if you look at it objectively.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bose said:

Jonsi77 let's not kid ourselves. Given that BB was not in the squad today and we've signed Douglas and will sign Nakamba he's gone.

I have a soft spot for him as well given how well he's done for Iceland but he's simply not been good enough for Villa if you look at it objectively.

Alright, i think he would do better in PL than Championship. There are lots of player that have been able to play much better in PL than Championship.

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, I went too far with that, fair enough. You’re still the single worst judge of a footballers ability than anyone I’ve ever met though. I’ve never known anyone be so wide of the mark, so often.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though. I think we all do. 

Too far? I try to see the best in people or players but that’s just me, as for the rest of your post, thanks :)

15 minutes ago, bose said:

I dont understand why he wasnt in squad today, if he was gamefit he would have been in the squad, considering how he has play in pre season

1 minute ago, Jonsi77 said:

I dont understand why he wasnt in squad today, if he was gamefit he would have been in the squad, considering how he has play in pre season

It’s because he is leaving mate. Sorry.

You might want to discuss it further on the BB thread. 

8 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Nixon is at it again 😂

I want us to sign Messi. That's also not going to happen.

Nixon & Fergie are simply annoying. That paper prints fake news to try to unsettle players, that won't work with John.

1 minute ago, John said:

Nixon & Fergie are simply annoying. That paper prints fake news to try to unsettle players, that won't work with John.

Being honest if we could fund Luiz,Phillips and Marvelous out of a fee for Mcginn and still have money left over you'd have to take it but i dont see Mcginn going anywhere this year anyway

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s an excellent player who is young and will improve over time. He’d probably cost a fair bit but he’d be worth it I think

I would steer well clear of Wilson.  I am hoping we are Benrahma but, if not, I would defo pay the £10m for Bowen.  The latter could also play down the middle if we needed him to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John said:

Careful saying things like that. It might make Nixon join here just so he can BLOCK you!

• Haha 1

We still need more goals from our forwards. I don't fancy Maupay for the premier league. I just don't think he has the X-factor needed to make it as a striker in the premier league. For me, he is a hard working, aggressive (but short) goal poacher, who is capable of some neat interplay. I am not sure that would be enough to make it in the premier league. I think striker is the position which shows the biggest difference in quality between the premier league and the championship. Think of someone like Dwight Gayle - looks top notch in the championship and below mediocre in the premier league. I feel Maupay will be the same. 

Wonder if we are going for anyone else? I still like Benrahma as I think he can play wide forward and bring goals.

Maybe we will be OK with Kodjia as back up striker.

• Like 2

Thing is with Maupay is he's nothing at all like Wes. It's clear we're going to play the same way every week this season (good), so if Wes gets injured we need someone fairly similar.Davis isn't good enough - but Maupay is totally different. 

Not sure what the answer is but hopefully Smith and Suso have an idea. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't want Maupay at all even if solely for what a horrible little bastard he is.

Also noticed their captain went to WBA for £3M, nice of them throw a bone to the little guy by selling one of their players for a tenth of his value.

• Like 1

I don't think Maupay is completely different from Wesley, they've got their differences, but a big feature of both of their games is that they like to drop deep and link up play. I think either one can work with how Smith likes to play.

• Like 1