Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

But he was still good enough to turn your defence (especially Mings) inside out at Griffin Park when scoring!!

He is obviously good I agree, but im just saying that id rather not take the risk in that position.  It makes or breaks teams who get promoted.

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He is obviously good I agree, but im just saying that id rather not take the risk in that position.  It makes or breaks teams who get promoted.

The good thing is that Dean Smith knows him well and what he can do, he will know if he's capable of stepping up, trust him.

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Sorry i read Drogba instead of Costa.  Still drunk from Monday :) 

Still, rather we go for proven striker.  its the one position in the team that makes and breaks teams that go up.  Its why they cost so much money relative to other positions.

Thats a fair point mate but when you say proven, what are you judging that against? Top quality strikers are at a premium and guys that gaurentee 20 goals a season want champions league football, the rest of us are buying guys that you hope can step up. 

I know you didn't mean to put Drogba but whilst on the subject Chelsea did spend big on a player from a mid table ligue 1 team because they thought he could step up, and it paid off. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I really like the look of Maupay, would be happy if we signed him

Totally agree. Think he's an absolute clearing in the woods but would like him in my football team. Good player.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I have a feeling Chelsea will be very reluctant to sell Tammy given their embargo. 

Plus Tammy has already made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to leave Chelsea unless he has too. He's Chelsea's Grealish, he's been at the club since he was 7 years old. Chelsea will likely be reluctant to sell, but Tammy will also be reluctant to leave. 

If we've got £20 mill for a striker then I'd want the very best we can get for the money - and not sure that's Maupay. I think Suso knows where to shop... (other than WH Smiths for his magazines). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Andy Carroll is available on a free. He's only 30.

Any takers? Didn't think so.

He's just bought Rod Stewart's house in Essex, so I doubt he would want to relocate just now. Anyone else wonder why he would buy a house that comes with a football pitch, when he's never fit to start a game for whatever club he happens to be with?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I'd take him.....out the back to shoot him. Put the poor bloke out of his misery. He's been injured now for about 3 years!

3 years is being kind lol And 20m for Maupay? I’d like to think if we’re gonna drop that kind of money on a player we can do better than an untested mid table championship striker. He may come good and I appreciate we have to somewhat take a gamble, but you can get better value for money abroad.

31 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Plus Tammy has already made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to leave Chelsea unless he has too. He's Chelsea's Grealish, he's been at the club since he was 7 years old. Chelsea will likely be reluctant to sell, but Tammy will also be reluctant to leave. 

Chelsea's Grealish?!

Why do they keep farming him out to lesser teams then?

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Chelsea's Grealish?!

Why do they keep farming him out to lesser teams then?

Same reason we farmed Grealish out to lesser teams at around Tammys age. He's only 21. Plus regardless of his quality it's harder to get into Chelsea's side because they keep signing players they can't sustainably afford. 

Plus when I said "Chelsea's Grealish".. I was more meaning that he's a childhood Chelsea fan, that has played for Chelsea since he was 7 years old. If we don't expect Grealish to leave under similar circumstances, then why would we expect Tammy to do the same. 

If he does sign for us then neat, but I'm not expecting him to in the slightest. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Same reason we farmed Grealish out to lesser teams at around Tammys age. He's only 21. Plus regardless of his quality it's harder to get into Chelsea's side because they keep signing players they can't sustainably afford. 

Plus when I said "Chelsea's Grealish".. I was more meaning that he's a childhood Chelsea fan, that has played for Chelsea since he was 7 years old. If we don't expect Grealish to leave under similar circumstances, then why would we expect Tammy to do the same. 

If he does sign for us then neat, but I'm not expecting him to in the slightest. 

I think Grealish went out on loan once, when he was really young like 5+ years ago to Notts County, since then we've done everything possible to not only integrate him into the team but to make him the focal point of it.

Has Abraham made a single league appearance for Chelsea yet?

Young English players don't get a look in at Chelsea, haven't done for years and won't change under Sarri, assuming he stays.

14 minutes ago, John said:

He's just bought Rod Stewart's house in Essex, so I doubt he would want to relocate just now. Anyone else wonder why he would buy a house that comes with a football pitch, when he's never fit to start a game for whatever club he happens to be with?

Ever seen an injured man cross the road?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1