Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

All of Europe's elite were after him a couple of years ago but baulked at a 100 mil release clause. Since then fmhes had injuries etc and west ham were linked in January for £45 mil. 

He's had a decent season, Izzo stood out, nearly got in the Europa League. Belotti is a nice player and would be better value than buying from UK. Still can't find anything over here to confirm the interest though

I know that club policy is to buy young players with all the right characteristics, but if you look at the stable Premier clubs they generally have a rock steady 'older' Centre Back in a regular pairing. 

Christopher Schindler was excellent again last season for Huddersfield and was head and shoulders above the rest of an admittedly poor team. He's just turned 29 but could he add 'Premier' know how to a CB pairing with Tyrone Mings to get us through a difficult first season back in the top tier? 

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I know that club policy is to buy young players with all the right characteristics, but if you look at the stable Premier clubs they generally have a rock steady 'older' Centre Back in a regular pairing. 

Christopher Schindler was excellent again last season for Huddersfield and was head and shoulders above the rest of an admittedly poor team. He's just turned 29 but could he add 'Premier' know how to a CB pairing with Tyrone Mings to get us through a difficult first season back in the top tier? 

May as well get Cahill then. Hasn't smuggled as many Jews to safety but a better defender.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our first and primary task is to try to sign Tyrone, Tammy, Axel and Kortney on permanent deals.

Does anyone else fancy a bid for Jarrod Bowen, Adam Reach, Jack Butland or even a cheeky bid to rescue Sam Johnstone from his Albion nightmare? ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JordyTheHague said:

Belotti signed a new contract for Torino, don't think it's very realistic for him to come to the Villa. Any other strikes you guys like to see?

Yeah 3 years I think.

From the comments Smith made in his interview with Purslow, it sounds like the 3 options on our 5 loan players we have, we'll be taking up. The other 2 we'll thank and move on. 

It's hard to imagine the 3 we have options on are anybody other than Hause, Mings and El Ghazi. Which would mean the fee that people have been throwing around for Mings could end up being a lot less and another great bit of business. 

I'd imagine we'd like to keep hold of Tammy and Axel but I can't imagine them being sold cheap and they'll have suitors that would be more willing to overspend on them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JordyTheHague said:

Belotti signed a new contract for Torino, don't think it's very realistic for him to come to the Villa. Any other strikes you guys like to see?

Neil Maupay. 

23yrs old, scores goals, can play anywhere across the front 3, and is a nasty little bastard. Exactly the sort of character that suits the PL.

Reminds me a bit of Diego Costa. 

Might be a less glamorous option but Sturridge and Welbeck are both available on frees and both have bags of PL experience, I'd be happy to see us sign either of them. 

Balotelli is out of contract too.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I simply can't see us spending again in a keeper but Jack Butland would be an incredible signing

Just now, 7392craig said:

Gotta say, the guy knows how to finish. Seems to like attacking balls into the box.

His penalties would give me a heart attack, i hate those casual run ups.

I’d take Konsa from Brentford if we can’t get axel back on loan next season. Knows Deans style of play, very athletic and at a great age to develop even further.

Belotti would be dreamland for me; truely two footed, good in the air, mobile on the ground too. Had a good last few months at Torino after about a year of being out of form. Him and Maupay as our strikers would be incredible to see here next season.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think Schindler is a good shout, Huddersfield's player of the season I think last season, yes I know they have had a terrible season as a club, but he has been a very good signing for them and has a few years premier league experience. 

Wouldn't take many from players the 3 relegated teams this season, but I think for the right price (which I think it would be) then he would be a solid squad addition.

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Might be a less glamorous option but Sturridge and Welbeck are both available on frees and both have bags of PL experience, I'd be happy to see us sign either of them. 

Balotelli is out of contract too.....

**** that

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

His penalties would give me a heart attack, i hate those casual run ups.

Yeah me too. It’s great if you’re good at holding your nerve and waiting for the keeper to dive. But I’d rather them just belt it into one of the corners.