Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doing the rounds on Facebook (Yes I know) that Mings is done, for 15 - 20 mill (Undiclosed). That's alot of money.

Says "pending medical".

Although why would he need a medical after spending half a season with us which just ended? 🙄

Sounds too early to be surfacing but the figures sounds spot on and doesn't surprise me. In fact it sounds cheap in context.

Not sure if medicals are needed for loans (depends on terms, they usually return to the parent club) but clearly are needed by insurers for permanent deals?

13 minutes ago, jonjon said:

One of the best players we have, and probably the best young player in the Championship, very highly rated, chose to come to us (like most of our incoming players) over Premiership teams as we could guarantee him playing time, and not bench warming, all our players are for sale, but not cheap, and we are prepared to sell them on when we have developed them, that's our main source of income due to a small ground capacity, it's our built in survival policy, but this could all change when we move to our new ground next year.  

He's a joy to watch, and still learning, he will only get better, a future full international player?

Contracted until 2021 + 1 year extension, so he won't come cheap, Dean Smith will be aware of that. 

If you do get him, it will be a great investment.

He looks a very good player to me, especially for one so young. I'd be interested to see what kind of fee might be mentioned and how much we'd be willing to part with to get him.

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

He looks a very good player to me, especially for one so young. I'd be interested to see what kind of fee might be mentioned and how much we'd be willing to part with to get him.

"Undisclosed" by the club, but It's rumoured that we paid about £3 million for him, so you could get him for in between £6-£10 million, a snip at that price, as he would be a good long term investment, I would rather we keep him and sell Maupay for £20 million instead.

After looking at Konsa's obligatory youtube vid he looks a carbon copy of Tuanzebe, strong, reads game well and brings the ball out of defence but not very good in the air.

If we can't get Tuanzebe for 10 mill i'd tempt Brentford with a bid for Konsa instead.

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

Neil Maupay. 

23yrs old, scores goals, can play anywhere across the front 3, and is a nasty little bastard. Exactly the sort of character that suits the PL.

Reminds me a bit of Diego Costa. 

Maupay couldn't lace Drogba's boots imo.  Rather we sign a striker who is proven at the top instead of someone who has played in a mid table Championship team and would cost a fortune

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Might be a less glamorous option but Sturridge and Welbeck are both available on frees and both have bags of PL experience, I'd be happy to see us sign either of them. 

Balotelli is out of contract too.....

A crock and an anti-goalscorer, no thanks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

"Undisclosed" by the club, but It's rumoured that we paid about £3 million for him, so you could get him for in between £6-£10 million, a snip at that price, as he would be a good long term investment, I would rather we keep him and sell Maupay for £20 million instead.

I can certainly see why we'd be looking at him if £6-£10m is the asking price. He fits the profile.

Any move would depend on if we get Tuanzebe or Mings on permanent deals and how much they would cost.

22 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Sounds too early to be surfacing but the figures sounds spot on and doesn't surprise me. In fact it sounds cheap in context.

Not sure if medicals are needed for loans (depends on terms, they usually return to the parent club) but clearly are needed by insurers for permanent deals?

Its 15million pound investment. A medical will be required for insurance purposes, and to ensure he's not likely to retire after we spend 15m on him! I don't check a car out when i rent one on holiday. I check every single damn thing when i buy one for keeps! 

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Maupay couldn't lace Drogba's boots imo.  Rather we sign a striker who is proven at the top instead of someone who has played in a mid table Championship team and would cost a fortune

I'm not sure what Drogba has to do with it, but for clarity Drogba finished 7th in Ligue 1 (a much weaker league that the championship) before he signed for Chelsea. 

5 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Belotti the latest twitter rumour.

Sounds too close for comfort to Balotelli for me so that's a no.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not sure what Drogba has to do with it, but for clarity Drogba finished 7th in Ligue 1 (a much weaker league that the championship) before he signed for Chelsea. 

Sorry i read Drogba instead of Costa.  Still drunk from Monday :) 

Still, rather we go for proven striker.  its the one position in the team that makes and breaks teams that go up.  Its why they cost so much money relative to other positions.

13 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

But he was still good enough to turn your defence (especially Mings) inside out at Griffin Park when scoring!!