Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I think we will obviously try for Tammy, but if Chelsea put up a fight, we won’t push too hard. Tammy isn’t worth the numbers being thrown around. If it’s between £20 million for Tammy or Maupay, we obviously go for Tammy. But if Chelsea want £30 million or more, we just can’t put that much money into one signing. 

I loved Tammy and think he can cut in in the premier league, but so did Kozak and Weimann. 

I think we should be looking at Schick from Roma or Belotti. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I really like the look of Maupay, would be happy if we signed him

Its been years since we've had a really nasty sod in the team and i think all good teams have one. It's why Arsenal under Wenger failed post Viera. 

47 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

With the greatest respect, I don't think they'd be interested in joining us at the moment. They are at good Serie A clubs playing regularly, even if they wanted to come to the Premier League there'd be more established teams they'd put ahead of us. If we got one of them I'd be ecstatic, but I think those kinds of signings are a couple of years down the line if we keep progressing. 

Edited by Teale's 'tache
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just looked at Cardiff’s signings last summer and on paper they looked decent. It’s shows how hard the league is. 

Yeah but they were never a Prem team no matter who they bought.  They got promoted by kicking the sh1t out of teams in the championship.  They thought them tactics would work in the premiership which they havent done for 20 years. 

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Kodija and Hogan cost us 12m a piece. 20+ goals a season. What makes Maupay £8m more? 

Hogan has only scored 7 goals for you and 2 for SU, since 2017, in the same time Maupay has scored 37 goals, there's the answer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Hogan has only scored 7 goals for you and 2 for SU, since 2017, in the same time Maupay has scored 37 goals, there's the answer.

Well he scored 21 goals in 33 appearances for a mid table championship team before that.  You see were this is going?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why are people talking as if Smith was in charge of transfers at Brentford? My understanding of their system is that he had virtually no input whatsoever. 

Wrong, it is a 4 man team that decide on transfers, and that includes the Head Coach, is this case it was Dean Smith, who has now been replaced by our new head coach Thomas Frank. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well he scored 21 goals in 33 appearances for a mid table championship team before that.  You see were this is going?

Indeed I do, your previous coach obviously didn't know how to get the best out of Hogan like we did, Maupay would be different because Dean Smith knows how to play him.

Back in the Premier League, back on the cheeky bid grind.

Andrea Belotti, no chance. This calibre of player wouldn't come here and the only reason they would is if we offered them well over the going salary and no wage drop,completely ****ing us if we went down.
Consolidate, be competitive in the market but let's no go crazy or ahead of ourselves.

I'd prefer it if we limited the amount of championship players we bought. They are in most cases in the championship for a reason. Can easily find better else where in regards to Maupay or whatever. 

Nothing wrong with having a punt on a championship player or two, but it seems like people want us to be looking at the entire team of the year in the division. If we wanna stay in the top division we got to get back to thinking like a big club. And at the same time we have to be honest, and we are the most likely candidates for relegation next season. We finished 5th 14 points behind automatic promotion.

I am sure a few championship players can contribute to making us establish ourselves in the top flight, but we have to be looking at better players as well. Maupay shouldn't be our priority at all, especially for the price they will be looking at. Not worth it. There's a balance here and we have to find it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think we will obviously try for Tammy, but if Chelsea put up a fight, we won’t push too hard. Tammy isn’t worth the numbers being thrown around. If it’s between £20 million for Tammy or Maupay, we obviously go for Tammy. But if Chelsea want £30 million or more, we just can’t put that much money into one signing. 

I loved Tammy and think he can cut in in the premier league, but so did Kozak and Weimann. 

How much would place take for benteke I wonder?  With possibly lolley and el ghazi providing width , and Grealish and mcginn creativity I think benteke would score a shedload of goals - only question is his fitness record 

Edited by Eastie

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Schick is getting better but I'm not sure he's top drawer. Roma need a rebuild and the clearing in the woods Pallotta won't be splashing big money with no Champions League football so he'll be wanting to sell to buy. That will not go down well with everyone wanting him to **** off already. Will be an interesting summer, you could force Roma's hand with cash for quite a few of the players I reckon.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Schick is getting better but I'm not sure he's top drawer. Roma need a rebuild and the clearing in the woods Pallotta won't be splashing big money with no Champions League football so he'll be wanting to sell to buy. That will not go down well with everyone wanting him to **** off already. Will be an interesting summer, you could force Roma's hand with cash for quite a few of the players I reckon.

Zaniolo please. My Roman friends would go total apeshit 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Zaniolo please. My Roman friends would go total apeshit 

Juve want him badly, if Pallotta sells talent like him he'll find it hard to get into the stadium!