Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 hours ago, TRO said:

i understand we are now linked with Gregoire Defrel (French Striker) scores 1in c5 and 28 years old

I hope all this is just click bait

To be fair his record in Serie A last season was better than Wesley's in Belgium. We could do a lot worse than him IMO.

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

at 84 overall would be comfortably our highest rated fifa 19 player...higher than pickford...that's good enough for me

He could be 99,but if he doesn't play, because his body is made of glass, it's completely pointless. 

A loan to buy option may be a good option for all parties as it would give us chance to see how Steer fairs in the opening months whilst Perrin gains full fitness. If Steer performs admirably we can send Perrin back.   If Steer doesn’t perform we have a class keeper to come in then reassess the whole Gk situation next summer by either signing Perrin permanently or going for Butland if he doesn’t leave stoke this summer. 

We need another midfielder as well as Luiz, otherwise we're going to be drastically weakened whenever he misses a game, which judging by his last few seasons isn't a too infrequent occasion. Just buying one midfielder to strengthen on last season's midfield isn't enough.

One thing we lack is someone to win the ball back (apart from McGinn). Even Luiz isn't a big tackler but more of a interceptor (is that word?). Nakamba is much more dynamic by the looks of it, in terms of tackling and being box to box. Doesn't seem to be as good of a passer as Luiz or Houirhane though.

Does anyone else have a sneaky feeling that McGinn might be leaving? 

Don't really know why I feel like that. But... I do... 

It doesn't really make sense that he will be, I hope he signs a new contract swiftly. 

Nakamba will join on Loan reportedly according to Belgium press... interesting if true. If we can get him & Perrin on loan it frees funds for increasing our Benrahma offer perhaps.... 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Could the plan be Luiz plays when we expect to have most of the ball and Nakamba when we don't. 

If we get Nakamba then Luiz will play in his preferred CM position. Luiz has played CM for 53 games and DM for 10. He's great as a DM, but he'd rather be keeping McGinn on the bench than playing directly in front of Mings/Engels.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It doesn't really make sense that he will be, I hope he signs a new contract swiftly. 

I don't think so.. I think he loves it at Villa and nobody will pay the money we would demand at the moment. I think the lack of minutes last night is more fitness related than anything. I'd expect him to start along side Jack at Charlton and in Germany. I also think he will sign a new deal before the season starts. 

There’s always a possibility that someone will leave. However I don’t believe anyone of our leading lights will leave this season as the teams that can afford them probably want to see how they perform in the Prem. Obviously if 60-70 million offers start coming in next season then we will inevitably have a look.

Edited by Sulberto21

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think he is just a week behind everyone on Pre-Season due to his international duty during the Summer.

I would expect him to play alongside Grealish on Saturday.

• Like 1