sne

3 hours ago, allani said:

I think Dave wants to say something..

I think it was:

Villa have signed Leao

Villa have signed Leao

Villa have signed Leao

Villa have signed Leao

Using the belief that if you say something four times it will eventually come true.

Based entirely on the fact that today, it worked for Delphinho123.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jack and Targett have about 80 games between them

Completely forgot about Targett (43 apps averaging 70 mins each). Grealish was making up most of my 30 or so rough figure for the rest but he has probably played in the prem a lot less than people think, Sure it's 34 appearances but only averaging 48 minutes per appearance. Still very little Pl experience in the whole squad and what there is is spread out amongst 5 or 6 players, half of which are unlikely to even play much

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Completely forgot about Targett (43 apps averaging 70 mins each). Grealish was making up most of my 30 or so rough figure for the rest but he has probably played in the prem a lot less than people think, Sure it's 34 appearances but only averaging 48 minutes per appearance. Still very little Pl experience in the whole squad and what there is is spread out amongst 5 or 6 players, half of which are unlikely to even play much

Yeah you don’t win anything with kids. Said no one ever.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Yeah you don’t win anything with kids. Said no one ever.

What has age got to do with anything. Most of the players we are signing are not kids. A chunk of them have never played in England at all and the ones that have have very little experience of playing in the premier league. Hell 70% or so of our squad has never played in this league & like it or not the league/game is a bit different than many other countries and can take some getting used to.

Also Hansens comments were neatly 25 years ago, A large portion of our team were not even born when we beat utd 3-1 on opening day ;)

Think i still have my ticket from that game somewhere

Edited by LakotaDakota

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Villa have signed Leao

From what I have been told this afternoon; We should see an outcome to what happens soon regarding this.

Player has been mulling over current bids and has been holding out to see who else comes forward with bids before making a descision on future.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

I suppose the one major concern is that despite how crap some of those may be they are all used to playing in the premier league. Take Elmo, Chester & Taylor out of our team (they are unlikely to feature every week anyway one would imagine) and we have about 30 premier league appearances between the whole squad

How many Wolves players last season had PL experience. There's been a Villa fan page article on how promoted teams having PL experience is a load of nonsense for guaranteed survival using years of examples

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Perin is miles better than Butland. By far the best player we've been linked with this summer.

Not injured, he's not....Benfica pulled out for a reason, failed medical i understand.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if he's out for four months as some places seem to be speculating, I think it's more of a case that Benfica pulled out of the deal, then there were reports that they might go back in for him in January which has got twisted into reports that Perin is out of action until then, whereas it was just Benfica being cautious. If our interest is genuine wouldn't be surprised to see us use one of our loans to get him.

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I think it was:

Villa have signed Leao

Villa have signed Leao

Villa have signed Leao

Villa have signed Leao

Using the belief that if you say something four times it will eventually come true.

Based entirely on the fact that today, it worked for Delphinho123.

The funny is out today isn't it..

I believe I said it four time and my original post which was five in total, maybe I seen today's 5 goal scoreline mystic meg style..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

I still hope we sign one more wide player. 

With the way we play they are game changers so it would be great to have 4 and be able to change things around each game if needed. 

We saw last season it’s the two attacking wide players that Smith liked to mix it up with to make things happen.