Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

49 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Does anyone else have a sneaky feeling that McGinn might be leaving? 

Don't really know why I feel like that. But... I do... 

It doesn't really make sense that he will be, I hope he signs a new contract swiftly. 

Chill Winston!!

John McGinn is staying

This is pre season, where options are tried, youngsters are tested and ideas are in the works.

Fielding our best 11 for these games isn't really what pre season is about.   

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nakamba will join on Loan reportedly according to Belgium press... interesting if true. If we can get him & Perrin on loan it frees funds for increasing our Benrahma offer perhaps.... 

Maybe the plan is to buy Luiz for £15m, play him at DM for the next season and then sell him back to Man City at the end of the season for a tidy profit? Basically, we get a quality player through the work permit process and then give him back and we get paid for doing so. Meanwhile, Nakamba comes in on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. He plays the cup games/trains with the team etc and then fills the void left by Luiz next season?

100% reliable source is Mr Terreur.

Very happy with this, between Luiz and Nakamba we now have DM covered allowing Hourihane to push on to his natural position.

The DM spot has been weak for a while, it's going to make a massive impact having a player there controlling games and breaking up play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

The days injured stat is exceptionally misleading, and i would argue that its incorrect, as they cant know if his injury was such a long time out of season.

Looking at games missed rather than days, he has only missed a significant number of games once.

Seems sensationalist to suggest he is a sick note or like sturridge.

The multiple occurrences of a shoulder injury in a gk though would put me off as this will deteriorate with age.

Would only be misleading if I hadn't also posted the games missed stat surely?

And I did post them.

As I said I suggested him earlier in the summer but as he's had 2 major knee injuries (one happened close to the end of a season) and problems with his shoulders I'm a bit hesitant.

When fit he's a great keeper.

Never mentioned him in with Sturridge.

10 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Luiz Dead then gutted 

People always seem so keen to post things like this. It's a rush to show how empty your glass is. We've signed four CBs, giving us five. We're definitely building a squad here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

People always seem so keen to post things like this. It's a rush to show how empty your glass is. We've signed four CBs, giving us five. We're definitely building a squad here.

Tbf, the guy you're quoting has his age in his name, so let's cut the nipper some slack ay?

• Haha 2

I don't know why people would assume us getting Luiz is dead.

Everything is agreed, we're just waiting for a yes/no on the work permit appeal hence 'signed subject to work permit'.

I doubt we would have gone to all the effort to sign him then pull out before we even get a decision which we knew would always be contentious enough to require an appeal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't know why people would assume us getting Luiz is dead.

Everything is agreed, we're just waiting for a yes/no on the work permit appeal hence 'signed subject to work permit'.

I doubt we would have gone to all the effort to sign him then pull out before we even get a decision which we knew would always be contentious enough to require an appeal.

Because of the tweet the other day saying Villa mounting legal challenge to rejection of work permit

For me, and I believe Purslow has said something similar, you always need two players in each position.

CM - Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane & Lansbury

DM - Luiz & Nakamba

Sell - Bjarnasson, Tshibola

Loan - O'Hare

• Like 3