Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, supermon said:

idrissa gueye going for 28m to psg apparently, how much did we let him go for 

Gana was bought to replace Delph in 2015, then 4 years later Delph being bought to ultimately replace Gana. The circle of life.

I thought that we might sign an host of players for our U23 side after all the ones we let go, but that afolabi apparently left Southampton because he wants first team football, so I guess we won't be signing him for our U23s.

His move to Benfica fell through, as they say a shoulder injury is worse than they first feared. But I (I) wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on that. Monaco are now being linked with him.

11 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Doubt it - he'll be on massive wages at Juve

Isn't it largely established super stars that are on massive wages at Juve? Native (young) Italian players rarely get payed anything close to PL wages.

No idea if this is bullshit or not, but as a signing it suits the transfer policy Smith & co have implemented. 

Wow. Perin was my goalkeepr in my PES Master League save a few years back where Villa slowly built a team of young superstars that conquered Europe. It was written in the stars.

Breel Embolo was also scoring 100 goals a season but we can ignore that for now.

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Sheffield United has been bargain bin dipping with their transfers, Norwich has been fairly quiet, Burnley has an aging squad of grafters, Brighton's squad lacks quality, Newcastle has a cabbage manager and Palace seen to be losing their best players. Surely we should finish above those teams?! 

I suppose the one major concern is that despite how crap some of those may be they are all used to playing in the premier league. Take Elmo, Chester & Taylor out of our team (they are unlikely to feature every week anyway one would imagine) and we have about 30 premier league appearances between the whole squad

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I suppose the one major concern is that despite how crap some of those may be they are all used to playing in the premier league. Take Elmo, Chester & Taylor out of our team (they are unlikely to feature every week anyway one would imagine) and we have about 30 premier league appearances between the whole squad

Jack and Targett have about 80 games between them