Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sne

Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

Recommended Posts

If we sign both marvelous and Luiz then midfield is set.

DM - Luiz, Marvelous

CM (Box to box) - McGinn, Lansbury

CM (Attacking) - Grealish, Hourihane

Then sell thor and loan out ohare.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent so far this summer:

Jota  Undisclosed (£2,000,000)
Anwar El Ghazi Undisclosed (£5,000,000)
Wesley  £22,000,000
Kortney Hause £3,000,000
Matt Targett £11,500,000   
Tyrone Mings £20,000,000
Ezri Konsa Undisclosed (12,000,000)
Björn Engels Undisclosed (£9,000,000)
Trézéguet  £8,750,000 

Total: £93,250,000 so far (approximately obviously)

Plus Marvelous (£11,500,000) and Luiz (£15,000,000) likely, that's £119,750,000. And we are probably not done yet. 

£120million spent this summer. £120million. That is around twice than the club was worth when Xia bought in 2016, just 3 years ago. Let that sink in for a moment. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nigel said:

McGinn not starting yesterday was very strange!

I don't think there is anything strange about it. He was one of the last players back in training. More than a week after the other lads. 

Last week, no one was playing more than 45 mins. 

Edited by villanmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

If we sign both marvelous and Luiz then midfield is set.

DM - Luiz, Marvelous

CM (Box to box) - McGinn, Lansbury

CM (Attacking) - Grealish, Hourihane

Then sell thor and loan out ohare.

I just can't see one of luiz or marvelous coming to be back up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

McGinn not starting yesterday was very strange!

Nah it's all good. He ran his bollocks off last year. We know what he can do. He's probably just being given an extended rest period. I reckon we'll see him next game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Nah it's all good. He ran his bollocks off last year. We know what he can do. He's probably just being given an extended rest period. I reckon we'll see him next game.

Hopefully this is the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

If we sign both marvelous and Luiz then midfield is set.

DM - Luiz, Marvelous

CM (Box to box) - McGinn, Lansbury

CM (Attacking) - Grealish, Hourihane

Then sell thor and loan out ohare.

I would say Hourihane more box to box and Lansbury more attacking otherwise agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just can't see one of luiz or marvelous coming to be back up. 

Luiz is playing in joke Spanish Man City fraudulent rort feeder team and we're a path to Man City. He's probably getting instructions to come to us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McGinn only got back from international duty last week after running back to Birmingham from Scotland.

Deserves a bit of a rest midweek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Spent so far this summer:

Jota  Undisclosed (£2,000,000)
Anwar El Ghazi Undisclosed (£5,000,000)
Wesley  £22,000,000
Kortney Hause £3,000,000
Matt Targett £11,500,000   
Tyrone Mings £20,000,000
Ezri Konsa Undisclosed (12,000,000)
Björn Engels Undisclosed (£9,000,000)
Trézéguet  £8,750,000 

Total: £93,250,000 so far (approximately obviously)

Plus Marvelous (£11,500,000) and Luiz (£15,000,000) likely, that's £119,750,000. And we are probably not done yet. 

£120million spent this summer. £120million. That is around twice than the club was worth when Xia bought in 2016, just 3 years ago. Let that sink in for a moment. 

The secret is in the blending and coaching.

Sam allardyce's comments on Talk Sport.....for me lacked an understanding of our situation and a specific address to Aston Villa's current needs. Sam talks about signing players c 30 mill, but would they necessarily be better, just because we pay more?Also even if they were, would that calibre of player come to us right now, next season maybe, but right now they would be dubious.

Everyone right now, will have varying opinions on our summer buys.....but the essence lies in the blending.....Only Dean knows what he has got right now....We just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am being a tad greedy but I would love to go into the new season with the additions of Butland, Nakamba, Luiz, Benrahma and Maupay.

I genuinely feel we would finish comfortably top half with the likes of the above added to the squad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Nah it's all good. He ran his bollocks off last year. We know what he can do. He's probably just being given an extended rest period. I reckon we'll see him next game.

Will he eligible for a ladies team now.....with his recent loss of both testicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

According to Percy we are after a goalkeeper and forward once Luiz and Nakamba are done.

The man must have a time machine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Does anyone else have a sneaky feeling that McGinn might be leaving? 

Don't really know why I feel like that. But... I do... 

It doesn't really make sense that he will be, I hope he signs a new contract swiftly. 

must admit I can't quite dismiss that thought. - and that is what the owners said they would do - buy them low and sell at peak value (ok they actually said add value)  - anything less than £50m I would be seriously racked off though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

For me i will be at my most relieved, when we have signed a strong competent keeper.

but recognise the other weaknesses need to be addressed too.

Agreed, though I’d still be more than pleased if we just get DM sorted (Nakamba & Luiz and we are ready to go).

On GK, I don’t feel the same about other positions, but I’d prefer us to go for a British or British based keeper rather than a foreign option for now.

It’s such a crucial & high pressure position and I’ve noticed many foreign keepers come over here and take time to adjust and struggle with the physicality of the game. Often they turn out to be fantastic keepers but it’s the adjustment period that concerns me.

Given time and the right conditions, I genuinely felt that Gollini could have been great for us, as an example.

They usually struggle with high balls, collecting crosses into the box and their handling is often weak - main strengths usually seem to be reflexes and shot stopping. Eventually, many of them overcome these struggles but it takes time and is a risk.

Someone with a bit of experience and who has a calm, confident, commanding personality would be ideal. I wouldn’t mind either Heaton or Butland (he’s a good age).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TRO said:

The secret is in the blending and coaching.

Sam allardyce's comments on Talk Sport.....for me lacked an understanding of our situation and a specific address to Aston Villa's current needs. Sam talks about signing players c 30 mill, but would they necessarily be better, just because we pay more?Also even if they were, would that calibre of player come to us right now, next season maybe, but right now they would be dubious.

Everyone right now, will have varying opinions on our summer buys.....but the essence lies in the blending.....Only Dean knows what he has got right now....We just have to wait and see.

Yes I agree. Even if we could attract proven PL players @ 30m a pop - that would only give us 4 players - most likely we would have to go for proven but past there best - which the owners have stated on several occasions they aren't going to do.

Next season I hope we will be buying fewer - but perhaps more expensive players. But for this season we have taken a calculated gamble - sure some of those £11m players will prove not good enough - but hopefully some prove better than expected.

IMO we look to have made good moves - that doesn't guarantee we will survive, there will always be some risk - yes it could go horribly wrong - we could get a major crop of injuries for example

Personally I can ask no more of the efforts made this window - at least we are trying to build a foundation - rather than stumble from season to season.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â