Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It has been a complete waste of internet.  There is zero chance of us going for them, if there was then we would have already tried to sign Cahill rather than our new centre halves.  We are far more likely to pay what's needed for Maupay than any of them.

Agreed. We should collectively apologize to the villatalk database for all the crap we made it store.

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Thanks man, you have made me feel a bit better.

Basically if you see:

The sun, the mirror, the daily star, or similar,.

it's basically more likely than not total crap, unless it's also reported by at least one reputable source, then there may be some truth to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 7392craig said:

People mentioning Sturridge, Austin and Long. Honestly I’d rather us have Kodjia as back up than them, at least we know he can score goals. His attitude isn't terrible, he just needs to chase down more, and whilst he did have that bad injury he isn’t injury prone. He’s instantly a better option than those three imo.

Dont see anyone saying either or ? The 3 main strikers will be wesley, an other and kodja. I cant see hogan or Davis being even vaguely close bearing in mind how we play and the forward needs to be able to hold it up and take 1 in 3 chances.

And I would be surprised if maupay or any other expensive forward came in now as they would be back up to wesley.

Which again brings it back to who is available who wont cost loads in wages or fee who has experience and would be able to come in and do a job similar to how we wish to play.

Sturridge purely for the wages is a no for me. forgetting all his other issues, Austin hasn't exactly got burn out and is a goal scorer who can do what's required in our set up which is why I wouldn't be crying about if we did 

Obviously more or cheaper or better options would be nice to fit the profile of cheap wages costs and reliable and happy to play 2nd fiddle. 

If we stay up, as sure as shite we next year, would be looking to upgrade again.

It's not going backwards or what ever, it's a first team squad filler with zero sentiment.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The Mirror are reporting that we’ve been in talks with Sturridge. That is quite a specific statement for clickbait. 

Sure. Conveniently released on a Sunday with all rest of the transfer bullshit that is also 'quite a specific statement for clickbait.'

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

An unemployed footballer who has just been banned for illegal betting activity. A lazy waster who refused to play for his team even though he was pronounced fit, just because he didn't feel right.

The Mirror link this ageing idiot with a club who have made it clear that they will only sign players with the right hungry attitude, good character and the right age!

The Mirror group which includes "Birmingham Live" have absolutely no shame. They know that we know that they are lying scum bags, and they couldn't give a toss as long as we click .... so here's a novel idea .... let's not click!

Didn't realise Birmingham live stuff was mirror related.

That does make a lot more sense now though, the Birmingham live stuff is terrible trash click bait.

8 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

An unemployed footballer who has just been banned for illegal betting activity. A lazy waster who refused to play for his team even though he was pronounced fit, just because he didn't feel right.

The Mirror link this ageing idiot with a club who have made it clear that they will only sign players with the right hungry attitude, good character and the right age!

The Mirror group which includes "Birmingham Live" have absolutely no shame. They know that we know that they are lying scum bags, and they couldn't give a toss as long as we click .... so here's a novel idea .... let's not click!

The Brum Mail must be the worst local paper in the country. They have no interest in supporting any of the local teams, or community in general for that matter. The old Birmingham Post and Mail used to be a great paper. My Dad used to have the Post delivered every morning, it was a proper paper that had proper local reporters as well as covering national stories too. I find it very sad to see what it has become, especially since my Grandad worked for them as a printer and was one of the first people to do colour prints.

No more clicks from me. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

‘You won’t believe what Villabromsgrove has said about this potential Villa transf...

I make over £1.65 a week working from home . To find out how you can make money from home whilst working hours that suit you then visit www.gullibleplum.com and download our starter pack. The pack includes full instructions on how to check down your sofa for loose change and a guide to emptying those suit trousers you wore to a wedding 3 years ago. 

Don't settle for a low paying job that you hate when you could be earning from the comfort of your own settee.   Try now for a one time  price of £99.99 and start living life on your terms.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

The Mirror are reporting that we’ve been in talks with Sturridge. That is quite a specific statement for clickbait. 

Surely in order to be clickbait it has to be quite specific. 

"Villa in talks to sign Salah" is going to attract more clicks than "Villa interested in striker" 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

The Brum Mail must be the worst local paper in the country. They have no interest in supporting any of the local teams, or community in general for that matter. The old Birmingham Post and Mail used to be a great paper. My Dad used to have the Post delivered every morning, it was a proper paper that had proper local reporters as well as covering national stories too. I find it very sad to see what it has become, especially since my Grandad worked for them as a printer and was one of the first people to do colour prints.

No more clicks from me. 

Not to mention all the pop-up adverts and whatnot on their website that hinder even a click. Useless site.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Dont see anyone saying either or ? The 3 main strikers will be wesley, an other and kodja. I cant see hogan or Davis being even vaguely close bearing in mind how we play and the forward needs to be able to hold it up and take 1 in 3 chances.

And I would be surprised if maupay or any other expensive forward came in now as they would be back up to wesley.

Which again brings it back to who is available who wont cost loads in wages or fee who has experience and would be able to come in and do a job similar to how we wish to play.

Sturridge purely for the wages is a no for me. forgetting all his other issues, Austin hasn't exactly got burn out and is a goal scorer who can do what's required in our set up which is why I wouldn't be crying about if we did 

Obviously more or cheaper or better options would be nice to fit the profile of cheap wages costs and reliable and happy to play 2nd fiddle. 

If we stay up, as sure as shite we next year, would be looking to upgrade again.

It's not going backwards or what ever, it's a first team squad filler with zero sentiment.

I agree with the idea. However Austin would only be signed to keep the treatment table warm. Same as Sturridge, most people are more worried about his injury record than what he’d cost in wages (even though I agree it would be too much).

6 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Maupay again left out of Brentford's squad, wonder if we are genuinely interested in signing him?

So were the rest of the 1st team apart from 2 players, it was a B team run out that played today in a 2-2 draw at Wycombe Wanderers.

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

But Kante, Mahrez and Vardy were complete unknowns at PL level that season. Kante had been played one season in Ligue 1 with Caen, Mahrez had scored about 4 goals the previous season and mainly played in the second tier before that, and Vardy had a bit of good form end of 14/15 season but had played most his career in the lower leagues. None of that team was proven at the top level, but Kante and Mahrezturned our to be two of the best signings the PL has ever seen. 

I remember many on here including me at the time were angry that we were linked to Vardy to replace Benteke 

The Sturridge sh*t has already been nixed by other journalists.

Fee for Très gay is quoted as approx £8,75M - less than quoted - but with substantial  add-ons (Percy)

4 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

The Sturridge sh*t has already been nixed by other journalists.

Fee for Très gay is quoted as approx £8,75M - less than quoted - but with substantial  add-ons (Percy)

Is that was he’s known as back home?

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Definitely the most excited I’ve been over a summer since the summer we signed milsoevic and draper etc, though I was 13 then which is when I think you tend to be most mad about it.

On the surface so far it seems sensible too, proof will be in the pudding and you have to just hope we’re all still this excited 3 months from now 

Same here, think I was 14. Haven’t been as excited since that summer or a couple later when we signed Collymore to form a front three with him, Savo and Yorke (though that didn’t go too well when that season started).

• Like 1

So circa £110m spent so far if we include the deals for Luiz and Trezeguet. How much more to spend do we think? 2 key positions left for me and 1 nice to have.

GK - Butland - £20m or Heaton £10m

ST - Maupay - £18m - not seen anyone else linked really

CM - Nakamba - £10m - nice to have and a good backup to McGinn.