Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sne

Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Lille have 3 offers on the table submitted for Leao. We are definately one of the 3.      🤞

Come on mate, we beed to know. How do you know we have bid for Leao the Loyun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure it was just team work and morale. Part of it was they were able to sign top class players before the rest of the world realised. Mahrez, Vardy and Kante were amazing that season.

Kante especially was key, I know the goals were important but Kante was the heart and soul of that side ,take him out and Mahrez and Vardy don't score all those goals for me, keep Kante and have a different pair of good strikers up top and they might have been close...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I always thought the mirror was ok, my one only ever says the same thing as me though, so no exclusives as such.

Just confirmation then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Come on mate, we beed to know. How do you know we have bid for Leao the Loyun?

My gran told me.  Mind you she then said that Elvis was painting her kitchen so I am not sure that she is a very reliable witness.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Kante especially was key, I know the goals were important but Kante was the heart and soul of that side ,take him out and Mahrez and Vardy don't score all those goals for me, keep Kante and have a different pair of good strikers up top and they might have been close...

Kanté was/is pretty much 2 players.

Play him in a 2 man midfield and it actually works. Without him it doesn't.

He's like having 12 players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the guy we want then if we want to replicate Leicester's success

Image result for steve walsh scout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Kante especially was key, I know the goals were important but Kante was the heart and soul of that side ,take him out and Mahrez and Vardy don't score all those goals for me, keep Kante and have a different pair of good strikers up top and they might have been close...

Kante was their best player, yes - but you're doing Vardy a disservice. 

Kante left in 2016. Yet in the 2017-18 season Vardy scored 20 goals (4th best in the Prem behind Salah, Kane and Aguero) and last season he scored 18 (5th best in the Prem behind Salah, Mane, Aubameyang and Aguero).

I think we can all agree Vardy's Leicester team is way behind the quality of Liverpool, City and Spurs. He's clearly not reliant on Kante to score "all those goals". It's not a case of just putting a "pair of good strikers" up there and getting the same results. He's an excellent player.

It was a freak season, anyway. Arsenal and United were in decline, City and Liverpool in full rebuild mode and Spurs just not good enough. 81 points won it. City and Liverpool both lost 10 times, it's just a different league now.

The point that was originally made that "why can't this Villa team win the league because that Leicester team did" is a little ridiculous. Admittedly, I've never seen Wesley, Luiz or Hassan play - they could be the next Vardy, Kante and Mahrez. I just doubt it very much. 

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural born goalscorer, I’m trying to name back up options for Wesley, can you name any?

I'd be interested in Welbeck as a viable option. I think he's more similar to Wesley/Abraham and younger

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Kante was their best player, yes - but you're doing Vardy a disservice. 

Kante left in 2016. Yet in the 2017-18 season Vardy scored 20 goals (4th best in the Prem behind Salah, Kane and Aguero) and last season he scored 18 (5th best in the Prem behind Salah, Mane, Aubameyang and Aguero).

I think we can all agree Vardy's Leicester team is way behind the quality of Liverpool, City and Spurs. He's clearly not reliant on Kante to score "all those goals". It's not a case of just putting a "pair of good strikers" up there and getting the same results. He's an excellent player.

It was a freak season, anyway. Arsenal and United were in decline, City and Liverpool in full rebuild mode and Spurs just not good enough. 81 points won it. City and Liverpool both lost 10 times, it's just a different league now.

The point that was originally made that "why can't this Villa team win the league because that Leicester team did" is a little ridiculous. Admittedly, I've never seen Wesley, Luiz or Hassan play - they could be the next Vardy, Kante and Mahrez. I just doubt it very much. 

I don’t think anyone has said Villa can win it, but have said if Leicester rose from relegation fodder to Champions there’s no reason we can’t achieve a top half finish next season. Nothing guaranteed, but it’s hardly a huge leap of faith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catch players on the way up not down. Sturridge, Welbeck and Austin are all big no’s from me.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need Douglas Luiz, Trezeguet, Heaton, another striker and another dm.

Do that and i'm happy with the squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If we hadn't any money in the summer everyone would say we were going to get relegated. Now we have spent money everyone is saying we are going to do a Fulham and get relegated. Can't win! 

You’re right. There is no secret recipe to securing PL status, otherwise everyone would do it. We just have to make the best we can with what we had. We needed a lot of players, to not sign any would’ve been suicide, at least we’ve got a fighting chance with the players we’ve signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Pissing suggesting, i have been fan of Sturridge since i saw him first for many years ago and hes me for one of the best goalscorer in this league if hes fit. I like this club and i want theme to do well in this league and big part of it is to have proven PL goalscorer in the squad. There are none at the moment.

There were none at Bournemouth when they got promoted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m all for people believing as long as they don’t cry about it not happening.

In such circumstances, you keep trying until you succeed.....like we have just done in phase 1 of our rennaisance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd be interested in Welbeck as a viable option. I think he's more similar to Wesley/Abraham and younger

It's funny that because I was under the impression he was younger as well but looked him up and he is actually 28 which is only 1 year younger than Sturridge. They are both very injury prone but I would say Sturridge is a much better player with a better goalscoring record if we had to choose one. To be honest I wouldn't be keen on either of them and I don't think the club is even considering these type of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

3. Alan Nixon and his absolute BS about Villa, honestly a stopped clock is right more often than that guy, it’s absolute tripe that he puts out

I think he has taken over from James Nursery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think anyone has said Villa can win it, but have said if Leicester rose from relegation fodder to Champions there’s no reason we can’t achieve a top half finish next season. Nothing guaranteed, but it’s hardly a huge leap of faith. 

Well I've put a quid on us to win the league at 1500/1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Three things I’m absolutely sick of this window;

1. Darren Bent offering his opinions on all things Villa. Just shut Darren we don’t care what you think. Same applies to you Noel Whelan

2. Any reference to Fulham in comparison to Villa

3. Alan Nixon and his absolute BS about Villa, honestly a stopped clock is right more often than that guy, it’s absolute tripe that he puts out

On a slightly different note, I also hate it when Sky Sports or other broadcasters wheel out some nobody who had 6 months on loan with us to offer their opinion on all things Villa. Like Jermaine Jenas, BBC’s resident villa expert after 3 appearances for us on loan 5 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â