Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For someone who isn’t even a Villa fan you are taking the piss suggesting Sturridge would be a good signing 

Pissing suggesting, i have been fan of Sturridge since i saw him first for many years ago and hes me for one of the best goalscorer in this league if hes fit. I like this club and i want theme to do well in this league and big part of it is to have proven PL goalscorer in the squad. There are none at the moment.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you know, every now and then, I'm suddenly hit by the reality of this transfer window. In a couple of days time, we'll have spent £130m on fees and we're still looking for a keeper and maybe a striker. £130m - it's incredible - I mean, we needed to buy, but it's hard not be impressed with the way we've gone about it. We are walking the walk. Stop a moment, enjoy it; this is an amazing summer.

Definitely the most excited I’ve been over a summer since the summer we signed milsoevic and draper etc, though I was 13 then which is when I think you tend to be most mad about it.

On the surface so far it seems sensible too, proof will be in the pudding and you have to just hope we’re all still this excited 3 months from now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonsi77 said:

Pissing suggesting, i have been fan of Sturridge since i saw him first for many years ago and hes me for one of the best goalscorer in this league if hes fit. I like this club and i want theme to do well in this league and big part of it is to have proven PL goalscorer in the squad. There are none at the moment.

That’s the problem, he was a proven premier league striker many years ago. In the last four years he has a grand total of seven league goals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

I don’t mean to pick on you mate but I hear the same crap from my mates that support Liverpool.

They say what a good signing Sturridge would be for Villa. I find it patronising and it just sums up how they know nothing about our club to think he would be suitable for us.  I’m seeing the same from you.

So when I see fans of other teams come on Villa forum saying what a good signing he would be for us I does wind me up.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The other thing I want to keep reiterating about Daniel Sturridge until the end of this window is that he is a ****ing helmet. There's no way he fits Dean Smith's model of "be a good teammate". He's all about himself, and he has the social skills of a toddler.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Blimey.

Charlie Austin, Daniel Sturridge, who next? Danny Welbeck!

Andy Carroll to keep Sturridge company in the medical room 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t mean to pick on you mate but I hear the same crap from my mates that support Liverpool.

They say what a good signing Sturridge would be for Villa. I find it patronising and it just sums up how they know nothing about our club to think he would be suitable for us.  I’m seeing the same from you.

So when I see fans of other teams come on Villa forum saying what a good signing he would be us I does wind me up.  

Belive me i would never talk about someone who i belive that would not be good for the squad. I dont know if he has attitude problem but to survive in this league Villa will need to have proven goalscorer and there are not many around so i would take him. And he is free agent? and has nothing to do with Liverpool

9 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

big part of it is to have proven PL goalscorer in the squad. There are none at the moment.

I can't see Aguëro signing in this window.

Oliver Giroüd springs to mind but age is against him.

I can't see Leicester letting Vardy go.

I think they will mostly be unavailable, unaffordable or unsuitable which is prob why we don't have one?

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

How on Earth do you keep track of something like that ? Are you keeping a dossier ?🙂

We should keep a dossier, though. Off the top of my head, hippo and villalad were the Fidel Castro and Che Guevara figures in the Brucisto Rebellion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Mings, McGinn & Grealish would not get into any top 6 side. 

They need to prove themselves at this level first.

Spurs literally tried to sign Grealish a year ago... How on earth does Grealish need to prove himself at this level when he already has?

Fair enough on Mings and McGinn. I think they're both comfortably good enough, based on what I've seen, but you're right we can't be 100% sure until we see this season unfold.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Belive me i would never talk about someone who i belive that would not be good for the squad. I dont know if he has attitude problem but to survive in this league Villa will need to have proven goalscorer and there are not many around so i would take him. And he is free agent? and has nothing to do with Liverpool

Why cant you tell us who you support? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, Cizzler said:

I think this current Villa team is a lot worse.

That team had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy - who are streets ahead of any player we currently have. Kasper Schmeichel is also a lot better than any of our current keepers.

But Kante, Mahrez and Vardy were complete unknowns at PL level that season. Kante had been played one season in Ligue 1 with Caen, Mahrez had scored about 4 goals the previous season and mainly played in the second tier before that, and Vardy had a bit of good form end of 14/15 season but had played most his career in the lower leagues. None of that team was proven at the top level, but Kante and Mahrezturned our to be two of the best signings the PL has ever seen.

Anything can happen in football, that season shows that. Engels, Guilbert, Wesley and Luiz could turn out to be unbelievable signings and I am optimistic they could be given how well they were rated at their old clubs. Same withTrezeguet and Konsa. We will soon see, but the management actually seem to have a clue what they’re doing at Villa now, unlike under Lerner.

I still would like to see a marquee signing though, particularly one who scores goals. Leao is one of the best young players in Europe, he would be a really top signing if we could pull it off. 

• Like 1