Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know as well as me the same names always pop up. 

They do but I must admit I couldn’t tell you who says what, other than Screwdriver moaned a lot, TRO and Briny looked out for Bruce, and there’s several Daves and Robs....

....but to your point you are of course right that optimism and hope is great but that patience and support will be needed aswell, when things aren’t working out.

Personally I think we’ll do well, and whether it’s  Leao or someone else I’ve never heard of Im confident we have players to match - and out perform -   Lowton, Westwood, Collins, Davis, Ayew, Traore, Bennett, Clark, and  Bacuna, to mention just a few of our ex players who have been deemed good enough for the Premier League !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

We should keep a dossier, though. Off the top of my head, hippo and villalad were the Fidel Castro and Che Guevara figures in the Brucisto Rebellion.

Remember the Site Rules though....Post not Poster.

I recommend you refer to the above as “Individual One” etc........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

That’s the problem, he was a proven premier league striker many years ago. In the last four years he has a grand total of seven league goals.

If people think this is a genuine route we should go down I am sure we could tempt Gabby back for much lower wages than Sturridge, and the outcome would be identical from both players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If people think this is a genuine route we should go down I am sure we could tempt Gabby back for much lower wages than Sturridge, and the outcome would be identical from both players. 

Imagine gabby and sturridge up front for us.

And i dont mean imagine in a good way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i can't believe there is pages of people arguing over Austin, Sturridge and Shane Long.

if you look at the business done so far you can tell our manager and owners really genuinely do know what they are doing!

It has been a complete waste of internet.  There is zero chance of us going for them, if there was then we would have already tried to sign Cahill rather than our new centre halves.  We are far more likely to pay what's needed for Maupay than any of them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

That's because they had to pay so much out when Leicester actually won that they won't make that same mistake again.

Didn't Leicester absolutely demolish the championship the season before that? If that's the case shouldn't we be getting even bigger odds? 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn't Leicester absolutely demolish the championship the season before that? If that's the case shouldn't we be getting even bigger odds? 

The season before they won the Premier League, they spent most of it nailed on for relegation. Then they just went on a mad winning streak over the last few months.

No team will ever be offered odds like that ever again. The risk is too great for the betting companies.

Edited by Greenfly
Typos

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Only real speculation is that Trent hasn't shut this thread yet or maybe he's away. 🤷‍♂️

Nah he's commented on it only hours ago.

Unlikely as it might be, guess there's a reason it ain't shut.

1 hour ago, Mooley22 said:

The Maupay deal would want to get sorted sooner rather then later,Not good him not playing pre season matches,He will be behind the rest of the squad in fitness and be playing catch up.

A good number of first choice players weren’t selected for Brentford’s game today. Apparently there was a behind closed doors game yesterday so he could have played in that. 

Having said that, there is a story doing the rounds that he confirmed to a Brentford fan that he has been sold and has popped home to France for the weekend pending the announcement next week. No indication of which club he’s going to through. 

(100% not ITK, just passing on what’s been written elsewhere)  

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

i can't believe there is pages of people arguing over Austin, Sturridge and Shane Long.

if you look at the business done so far you can tell our manager and owners really genuinely do know what they are doing!

I think it’s more about the conversation being dragged along by ridiculous click bait stories, from journos that are desperate to get a story out of the new vastly improved AVFC machine and are getting nothing from a tight knit team. So they’re ignoring all the recent evidence of what our club is now about and going to a default setting of the last few years. I’m not sure some of them are even aware that Steve Bruce has gone and is on his second job since getting the boot. Sturridge, Austin and Long are exactly the type of player we would have expected to buy under the previous regime. 

The Mirror are reporting that we’ve been in talks with Sturridge. That is quite a specific statement for clickbait. 

That would be a massive mis-step in an otherwise quality window for me. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the first team.

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The Mirror are reporting that we’ve been in talks with Sturridge. That is quite a specific statement for clickbait. 

That would be a massive mis-step in an otherwise quality window for me. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the first team.

It's the mirror mate, they have about as much credibility as my grandma reporting ITK transfers......

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

It's the mirror mate, they have about as much credibility as my grandma reporting ITK transfers......

Thanks man, you have made me feel a bit better.