Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm guessing sturridge wants to get out of Liverpool asap. His house and dog have been stolen and he is offering 30k reward for the safe return of his dog.

His house was stolen?  I tell you, thieves are getting more and more ambitious by the day.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm guessing sturridge wants to get out of Liverpool asap. His house and dog have been stolen and he is offering 30k reward for the safe return of his dog.

The house was in LA though no?

• Haha 1

We're in the papers and media again :D 

Top ten most ridiculous transfer valuations of 2019

Please read this before you get angry: describing these valuations as ‘ridiculous’ is not to say the prospective selling club is being unreasonable, that the buying club is stupid or the player involved is sh*te. It is simply an observation as to how completely meaningless transfer fees have become.

10) Tyrone Mings (£20m)
When Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe celebrated Premier League promotion by “signing a player of huge potential” in 2015, he could hardly have predicted the path Tyrone Mings would follow over the next four years. This past season was the first in which the defender reached double figures for appearances since he left Ipswich in 2015 – and 18 of his 25 games came during a fine four-month loan at Aston Villa.

A serious knee injury meant he played just twice in his first season. The aftershock saw him feature only nine times the following campaign. Back problems restricted Mings to five matches in 2017/18, before a handful of forgettable games in the first half of last season. The only indelible mark he has left on the Premier League thus far was on Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s head.

Bournemouth signed a solid Championship left-back for £8m in 2015, and are selling a solid Championship centre-half for an initial £20m in 2019. They effectively bought a decent car, grew frustrated with it breaking down, allowed it to gather dust in the garage, let someone else take it out for a spin and could end up trebling their money for their (lack of) efforts. Villa and Mings can drive off into the sunset pretty delighted with their lot, too.

7) Adam Webster (£30m)
The biggest fee a Championship club has ever received was the £30m Tottenham handed over to Newcastle for Moussa Sissoko in 2016. The figures involved in that deal were mocked and derided; only recently has the Frenchman justified such an exorbitant cost.

Yet this was a player with vast Ligue Un experience and two and a half seasons of Premier League football to his name, a seasoned France international who had been one of his country’s most influential forces in reaching the Euro 2016 final that summer. That the deal was reached on deadline day only inflated the final number.

The only premier division Adam Webster has graced is the Conference with Aldershot five years ago. His last game for the national team came with England’s U19s six years ago. His major international tournament experience is, with all due respect, limited to his latest self-indulgent Football Manager save. Bristol City are well within their rights to quote a record-equalling £30m for their current Player of the Year. But such a fee would mean the Rio Ferdinand-levelling joint-11th most expensive centre-half in Premier League history has never played in any top flight – although he would still be better than fifth-placed Shkodran Mustafi.

Honourable mentions: John McGinn (£50m), Lewis Dunk (£40m), Kalvin Philipps (£30m), Andy Carroll (£0)

https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-most-ridiculous-transfer-valuations-of-2019

And Wesley isn't even mentioned.

41 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Its not negativity, its realism mate. Survival is the goal for the bottom 6-8 teams of the prem, and in our first season back we can't be expected to be above that. It is dangerous for us to start expecting more than that at this stage.

Especially when you see how threadbare our squad is, and the fact that we have a TON of new players that have to build relations. 

• Like 1

To be fair that valuation of John McGinn is pure fantasy. Can any put a value on neveronyourflippinglife? 

Edited by Ponky

I stopped reading F365 since it got bought by Sky. It's crap.

Sturridge would be a massive no for me. He had 1 good season for Liverpool about 4 years ago and has been basically injured since.

It would be something that Sherwood would bring in and stink up the club. Avoid, avoid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m sure there’s no truth in any Sturridge rumours, but just in case I’d like to emphasise how utterly dreadful a signing that would be. 

Given the dearth of depth in the squad, a pay as you play deal I could live with.

Depends entirely on his general attitude and application though.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Given the dearth of depth in the squad, a pay as you play deal I could live with.

Depends entirely on his general attitude and application though.

Why would it be any different to any other stage in his career?

Always struck me as someone who wasn't all that bothered about the actual game, more the lifestyle. He has certainly missed a lot of football and there have been suggestions in the past he was too willing at times to do so.

I know it sounds silly but the guys got a house in LA, is football really his focus in life? I'm not saying he needs to live the game 24/7 but I just want players who I can have more belief that they are committed.

28 minutes ago, Smartin said:

How do you steal a hause?

Buy him from a club who think they are Real Madrid so undervalue their youngsters.

*Waits for a Wolves fan to get triggered on Twitter.

• Haha 3