Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

From memory Ronny Johnsen & Joe Cole... Poss Senderos.... Sturridge is an interesting one and on a heavily incentivised pay as you play deal I can see a benefit . When fit is he better than Hogan, Davies or RHM ? I wouldn’t be too fussed if they decided this summer he was a good short term fix... I don’t want him particularly but on the right terms I wouldn’t be overly concerned if we signed him as an option to Wesley & Kodija. 

Fair enough. Didn’t realise they were pay as you play deals. 

Off topic but somebody has stolen his dog. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Genuine question mate but has there ever been a pay as you play deal? 

Jonathan Woodgate had one at Stoke from what I recall. As you can guess, I don't think he earnt much from it...

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Brownhill is a cracking player. Will be Premier League one day. Central midfielder although has played out on the right for us and as an emergency right back.

Personally would say he's the best of our CMs, wouldn't be cheap for anyone looking to buy him.

20m starting price no doubt😂😂

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Given the dearth of depth in the squad, a pay as you play deal I could live with.

Depends entirely on his general attitude and application though.

It won’t be though will it?

pay as you play deals sound amazing. But how many of these deals have actually happened?

Just saw some discussion around us being "interested in Hegazi".

The person was talking about "we would only accept 15-20m"

........is everyone worth 20m these days? :)

Just now, Stevo985 said:

pay as you play deals sound amazing. But how many of these deals have actually happened?

Also 'pay as you play' is THE ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE of young, hungry, with potential and (if necessary), resale value. He couldn't fit the mould any less than he does.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I’d like to think that if we sign him on a pay as you play deal, he’ll only get paid when he plays.

it does happen, it has happened, it could happen again. Of course he could flat out refuse to consider such an arrangement.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well I’d like to think that if we sign him on a pay as you play deal, he’ll only get paid when he plays.

it does happen, it has happened, it could happen again. Of course he could flat out refuse to consider such an arrangement.

It would be a good arrangement.  But I’d genuinely be interested now if you could name many, if any, pay as you play deals that have happened. 

Its not a dig at you. I agree it’s a good option, but in reality I don’t think many of these deals ever actually happen

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It would be a good arrangement.  But I’d genuinely be interested now if you could name many, if any, pay as you play deals that have happened. 

Its not a dig at you. I agree it’s a good option, but in reality I don’t think many of these deals ever actually happen

Cole, johnsen & senderos from memory but these were ages ago.... He would be on a relatively low basic wage supplemented heavily when he played, scored we win etc meaning a lower risk to the club not being stuck with a Richards scenario .... under those terms if the powers that be thought he could offer something I’d be ok with it .... not saying o want him necessarily though ....

Brentford have spent 15m so far in this transfer window (Jansson - 5.5m, Norgaard - 3.2m, Pinnock - 3m, Raya - 3m), for only 2m income (Bentley - 2m).

I can only assume they seriously expect to be selling one or more of their assets? (Maupay/Benrahma/Konsa).

Hopefully its Benrahma to us :P

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, MaVilla said:

Brentford have spent 15m so far in this transfer window (Jansson - 5.5m, Norgaard - 3.2m, Pinnock - 3m, Raya - 3m), for only 2m income (Bentley - 2m).

I can only assume they seriously expect to be selling one of their assets? (Maupay/Benrahma/Konsa).

Hopefully its Benrahma to us :P

Maupay to Sheffield United I reckon.