Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

40m if Villa wanted him.

If we signed a deal and Purslow accidentally took the biro you borrowed him to sign, you'd claim it was a Parker pen when trying to claim it back.

Edited by Wezbid

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Brentford have spent 15m so far in this transfer window (Jansson - 5.5m, Norgaard - 3.2m, Pinnock - 3m, Raya - 3m), for only 2m income (Bentley - 2m).

I can only assume they seriously expect to be selling one or more of their assets? (Maupay/Benrahma/Konsa).

Hopefully its Benrahma to us :P

They also sold Nico Yenaris to China for £5 million and they still have the £12 million from Bournemouth for Chris Mepham, so there was £19 million in the war chest, and we hopefully have La Liga midfielder on his way, so there is no need to sell anyone.

Despite all click bait and "a source" material put about, Brentford confirmed yesterday that they have no pending enquiries for Maupay or Benrahma from any club, it is all press speculation and journalist tripe, and they are looking to keep them, but should any enquiry come in and the clubs price is met, they will sell.

Benrahma did not travel to Austria for summer camp training as he is still undergoing treatment and rehabilitation for his recent injury/surgery, Maupay did travel with them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jonjon said:

They also sold Nico Yenaris to China for £5 million and they still have the £12 million from Bournemouth for Chris Mepham, so there was £19 million in the war chest, and we hopefully have La Liga midfielder on his way, so there is no need to sell anyone.

Despite all click bait and "a source" material put about, Brentford confirmed yesterday that they have no pending enquiries for Maupay or Benrahma from any club, it is all press speculation and journalist tripe, and they are looking to keep them, but should any enquiry come in and the clubs price is met, they will sell.

Benrahma did not travel to Austria for summer camp training as he is still undergoing treatment and rehabilitation for his recent injury/surgery, Maupay did travel with them.

Yeah I saw Benrahma rehabilitating in the photos he posted with his mates showing off his car. Looked serious.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Just saw some discussion around us being "interested in Hegazi".

The person was talking about "we would only accept 15-20m"

........is everyone worth 20m these days? :)

He has got a £10m release clause in his contract, so I guess that they would have to accept £10m. ;)

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Thought that was Rodriquez?

Just checked concerning the post above, it's an old story so he might possibly have signed a contract since then. Here is the story from the Express & Star last year: 

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/06/26/ahmed-hegazi-can-leave-west-brom-for-10m-thanks-to-release-clause/

Edited by John

51 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Mate, you follow a script when certain keywords are present. Its actually quite sinister. What are they doing to you lot down there?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Bristol City and Brentford have combined squad values of over half a billion quid. I can’t understand why they never get promoted. Surely those pair and Leeds are sure to make up the top 3 in the Championship this season. Then they’ll sell a couple of reserves for £250 million each, buy a couple of kids from Doncaster and storm the PL. 

If only we were that clever and could get promoted. 

Jokey comment aside, I do think we will be a strong side this season. Doubt we will be automatics contenders at the end, but think we could get into the playoffs this season (last season I said we'd be top half and if things fell nicely for us we'd have an outside chance of playoffs). Having signed Kalas as a CB permanently who has multiple promotions from the Championship and multiple playoff seasons too I believe was a strong start, albeit him and DaSilva aren't additions to last season, just replacing their own departures.

Bentley is a very good goalkeeper who lost his way somewhat after a troubling year for him personally

Szmodics looked brilliant on Saturday, however that was against a local non league side, tonight will be more revealing (again against a team below the Championship, but still).

A central midfielder and another striker and we'd be a team to keep an eye on IMO, though it's thought one of our youth strikers will be involved a lot this season (Chelsea wanted to buy him for £2m in January when he hadn't even kicked a ball for us- has since signed a 4 year deal with another year option)

Just a few weeks ago we were the same price as Luton to reach the playoffs! And even being top half was better than even money.

Back on the topic of Villa transfers, our ITK reckons we'd have accepted a bid matching the rumoured fee for Mings that's rising to £26.5m, but that's simply his opinion rather than genuine ITKery.

25 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Mate, you follow a script when certain keywords are present. Its actually quite sinister. What are they doing to you lot down there?

No script to follow my son, just the truth, and letting him know that we have made more than £2 million in transfer fees this year, not difficult to understand is it?

3 hours ago, NIVillan said:

I didnt think they actually said they wouldnt take any loans but just no loans that we just gave the player back at the end.  They are happy to make loans they lead to us buying the playeer at the end of the loan if it has gone well.

Sometimes in business there is a difference between what you would like to do and what you actually do

I'm sure it’s absolutely Purslows intention to avoid loans without a buy option, but for a couple of seasons whilst we re-establish ourselves in the PL he might have to swallow his principles and accept the odd loan without buy clause

As we reach the end of the window and we’ve spent our transfer budget, if we’ve still got a few gaps in the squad we may need to fill them with free agents (like Cahill or Sturridge) or high quality loans (like Mings or Tuanzebe) 

In an ideal world you’d like all your own players but Personally, I think that the “development” of Tuanzebe, Mings and Abraham was a cost we’ll worth paying for the return of promotion to the PL (and the attendant £170m windfall)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Back on the topic of Villa transfers, our ITK reckons we'd have accepted a bid matching the rumoured fee for Mings that's rising to £26.5m, but that's simply his opinion rather than genuine ITKery.

BCFC would accept a 26.5m overall package for Webster?, no s**t :), who wouldnt accept that for Webster?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jonjon said:

No script to follow my son, just the truth, and letting him know that we have made more than £2 million in transfer fees this year, not difficult to understand is it?

Uh huh. And tell us again about how click bait works, and about Brentfords transfer policy.

"We are the collective. Remain calm. What you hear is just click bait. Go back to your homes. Remain calm. There have been no bids. We are the collective. When you meet our price. We will sell. It must be this way... "

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I'm sure it’s absolutely Purslows intention to avoid loans without a buy option, but for a couple of seasons whilst we re-establish ourselves in the PL he might have to swallow his principles and accept the odd loan without buy clause

There aren't many development players who are good enough to improve a lower half Premier league team that wouldn't be used as squad players at their own club.