Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe, I just can’t get my head around the fact that Purslow and Smith categorically stated that they will not be making any loans.

Time will tell.

I didnt think they actually said they wouldnt take any loans but just no loans that we just gave the player back at the end.  They are happy to make loans they lead to us buying the playeer at the end of the loan if it has gone well.

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

While playing in the PL?

He's probably got a house in the UK for the whole "season" thing, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Edited by bobzy
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I guess if it was pay as you play it wouldn't be too much of a risk, no question he has a lot of talent.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating:

I could afford to pay Sturridge on a pay-as-you-play deal with what's in my wallet right now. Which is the square root of **** all by the way.

• Haha 3

On 06/07/2019 at 21:37, thabucks said:

Josh Brownhill been linked with Leeds ... poss Phillips replacement ? Would our resident BCFC fan @JamesBCFC care to shed light on his abilities ? Worth a punt for villa? 

Brownhill is a cracking player. Will be Premier League one day. Central midfielder although has played out on the right for us and as an emergency right back.

Personally would say he's the best of our CMs, wouldn't be cheap for anyone looking to buy him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sturridge isn't going to happen.

It would be such a disastrous move it's obvious we'd never make it. Constantly injured (or as Klopp alluded to, perceives himself as injured so doesn't play), done nothing for years, living off the memory of a purple period that was a long time ago now.

Doesn't fit what seem to be going for at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Given the dearth of depth in the squad, a pay as you play deal I could live with.

Depends entirely on his general attitude and application though.

Genuine question mate but has there ever been a pay as you play deal? 

Sturridge for me would but a horrible signing.  I think his attitude has always been questionable.

I’d be amazed if the speculation is true. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Brownhill is a cracking player. Will be Premier League one day. Central midfielder although has played out on the right for us and as an emergency right back.

Personally would say he's the best of our CMs, wouldn't be cheap for anyone looking to buy him.

Cheers for that ... hopefully you make it up next season and join us in the prem... I’m from the Cotswolds originally so it would be good for the west to be represented and I like what you are doing as a team in developing players. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I didnt think they actually said they wouldnt take any loans but just no loans that we just gave the player back at the end.  They are happy to make loans they lead to us buying the playeer at the end of the loan if it has gone well.

Your right, they would only take a loan if the option to buy and fee was set at the end of the loan period. But my argument is why would they do this with Tuanzebe, if he was available to transfer? The media is talking about another loan, not with an option to buy.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Your right, they would only take a loan if the option to buy and fee was set at the end of the loan period. But my argument is why would they do this with Tuanzebe, if he was available to transfer? The media is talking about another loan, not with an option to buy.

Maybe they think he will never get a chance at Utd so if they loan him enough then Utd will forget they actually own him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

To the media it is a loan, the finer details of option to buy etc doesnt matter when selling headlines

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Genuine question mate but has there ever been a pay as you play deal? 

Sturridge for me would but a horrible signing.  I think his attitude has always been questionable.

To my knowledge and understanding yes, many times.

How recently they've occurred is another question though.

• Thanks 1

I’d take axel on a pure loan if it meant we could utilise the funds earmarked for a CB elsewhere this summer. We can then revisit the whole situation next summer and a) purchase Axel b) sign Webster if BCFC dont go up c) buy another quality CB... If we did get him back on loan I’d be inclined personally to also bid for someone  like Rodon from Swansea as a young CB to develop/rotate and maybe fill the role if axel is no go... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Genuine question mate but has there ever been a play as you play deal? 

From memory Ronny Johnsen & Joe Cole... Poss Senderos.... Sturridge is an interesting one and on a heavily incentivised pay as you play deal I can see a benefit . When fit is he better than Hogan, Davies or RHM ? I wouldn’t be too fussed if they decided this summer he was a good short term fix... I don’t want him particularly but on the right terms I wouldn’t be overly concerned if we signed him as an option to Wesley & Kodija. 

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He's also my Managers' sons best mate :)

So I reckon that could be worth some free tickets for me.......sign him up boys!