Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

18 minutes ago, John said:

I think our interest in Heaton, may lead to Stoke being slightly more realistic in the fee they want from us for Butland. I suspect that there won't actually be that big a gap between the prices asked for the two keepers, so I hope that Butland remains our primary target. 

We have interest in many players according to the papers. History dictates 70-80% of the rumours are complete BS 

Edited by Kiwivillan

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Were do you think our current squad even with these acquisitions places itself in the PL?

I'd say we are very much desperate and clubs know it.

We have paid way too much but what’s the alternative? Better, proven players would cost even more and players from abroad are a big risk. 

I think any player we are signing seems to have an extra 5-10 million added to it because of our situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Because we don't have endless money?

Maybe check my previous post mate, Purslow and Smith have both said they won’t be loaning players. Did they lie?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We still very well could do once they arrive back from Pre-season tour.

All this "he's signed a contract, get over it" talk is complete nonsense. - People obviously forget Fabian Delph.

If Man Utd do not want to sell him now then we take the loan - but insist we have a right to buy at the end too.

We have already done Man Utd a favour for 18 months, now it's time we started dictating a little.

Maybe, I just can’t get my head around the fact that Purslow and Smith categorically stated that they will not be making any loans.

Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe check my previous post mate, Purslow and Smith have both said they won’t be loaning players. Did they lie?

Maybe they were led to believe by utd that axle would be available to buy after the loan spell but then something changed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I know what they said. But things change. Why cut your nose to spite your face? There's a massive difference between loaning five players in the Championship every season and loaning one or two players in the Premier League on top of a £100million+ net spend when we've already had to build an entire squad from bare bones. One or two loans can ease that pressure and give us a better chance at staying up and having more money to spend on the squad next year.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So far we’ve only bought one player from the Championship and none from Brentford. 

I would say that Hause, Mings and El Ghazi are purchases based on their performances in the Championship (and in France for El Ghazi). 

Don't get me wrong - a side of the best players from the Championship, managed properly, would do very well in the PL. It's just a slight concern; it isn't keeping me awake at night!

13 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe, I just can’t get my head around the fact that Purslow and Smith categorically stated that they will not be making any loans 

As it's a bad business model. Agreed. I seen the same interview.

So if it will be a loan I would put money on there being something in it for us at the end otherwise it's pointless in the long term imo.

Buy him outright now or take another loan for 12 months - that has the option allowing us to buy him at the end for a pre-agreed fee.

If it was down to me, I would already be sitting at the airport with a medical team waiting for that plane to land with the Man Utd team on it, Hand Olë a briefcase with £30m inside it and a contract, do Tuanzebe's medical on the runway and drive him back to B6.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Erick Pulgar with his 12m Euro release clause would be the perfect buy for DCM

Ridiculous value. The instant he signed his value would more than double for starters! 

• Like 2

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Ridiculous value. The instant he signed his value would more than double for starters! 

Yeah, without knowing a lot of other release clauses I'd wager he's right up there among the best value for players available out there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Erick Pulgar with his 12m Euro release clause would be the perfect buy for DCM

26 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I take it back you do know your players. Cracking player.

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, without knowing a lot of other release clauses I'd wager he's right up there among the best value for players available out there.

I do not know a thing about the player but going by you three chaps and your comments I would sooner we took a punt on someone like him than be fleeced a rumoured £30m for Phillips.

Many of us have said it. There are a plethora of hidden gems out there for unbelievable prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Erick Pulgar is one of Europe's biggest talents isn't he? Not sure he'd be interested in moving to Brum and a relegation fight? We're a big club, but is it a realistic transfer? 

He's 25 and Chilean but yeah he's a good player, very good even.

Bigger clubs looking at him, but they are looking at other players as well. Milan, Inter and Arsenal who's been mentioned all have other targets.

If we can get Maupay for 16m that's surely a no brainer. He's different to most the other strikers we have and is a goal machine at championship level. Worst case scenario If we were to go down he would fire us straight back up. Smith also knows his strengths and weaknesses and he would integrate into team quickly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I'd take Heaton if he was decent value. Better keeper than Butland IMO. 

Heaton is done since injury last season. Was awful when he came back. Steer is much better 

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If we can get Maupay for 16m that's surely a no brainer. He's different to most the other strikers we have and is a goal machine at championship level. Worst case scenario If we were to go down he would fire us straight back up. Smith also knows his strengths and weaknesses and he would integrate into team quickly.

Smith knows him and, more importantly, Maupay wants to play for Smith again. Unless I made that last bit up in my head.