Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

29 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There aren't many development players who are good enough to improve a lower half Premier league team that wouldn't be used as squad players at their own club. 

No maybe not many but still a few - Tuanzebe and Abraham might well yet be loans (but admittedly are now close to their parent clubs match day squads), players who can’t get on the bench at their home clubs might get nearer to our bench or first XI (Barnes, Wilson, Tomori as examples from last season) plus you have many established players like Mings coming back from injury, players whose parent club have an embarrassment of riches in a certain position, clubs who need to ease their wage bill, coming from home and from big clubs abroad

I'm not suggesting that we would take 4 or 5 but just one or maybe two to bulk out the squad or fill a gap

It would be nice if we could fill gaps with players from our own academy but there doesn’t seem enough knocking on the door 

Meh to Heaton.

May of well just saved the money and played Steer.

Looks like we will be back at square one in January looking for another keeper but it might be too late by then.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

We really don't need, " bring back my dog, fam " Sturridge. Apparently,  our manager likes to have players whose attitude matches their talent. If that is the case, Sturridge ain't coming to us.

I agree.

I prefer our players to have a “f*#k the dog, he got HIMSELF stolen!!” attitude. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Meh to Heaton.

May of well just saved the money and played Steer.

Looks like we will be back at square one in January looking for another keeper but it might be too late by then.

Really? Thought Heaton was quite good?! 

Tom Heaton used to be good. I didn’t watch Burnley last season apart from against City and I don’t think he played. 

Many on here say he’s crap though.

edit; he played in that and conceded one goal from 7 shots on target.  

They also lost 5-0 twice  to city in that season.  He didn’t play in the games. 

Disclaimer: Not making a point. I’m just saying.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

36 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I agree.

I prefer our players to have a “f*#k the dog, he got HIMSELF stolen!!” attitude. 

Agreed. What a useless dog. Mine would never have allowed himself to be stolen 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tom Heaton used to be good. I didn’t watch Burnley last season apart from against City and I don’t think he played. 

Many on here say he’s crap though.

edit; he played in that and conceded one goal from 7 shots on target.  

They also lost 5-0 twice  to city in that season.  He didn’t play in the games. 

Disclaimer: Not making a point. I’m just saying.

He kept them up last season. Look at their points won with him vs without him. It's Grealish levels 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People on here said he was awful last season ! 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

He was put back in when they were close to the relegation zone. They immediately went unbeaten run, close to a club record. Pretty much like Grealish here. He was also recalled to the England squad 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villastine said:

He was put back in when they were close to the relegation zone. They immediately went unbeaten run, close to a club record. Pretty much like Grealish here. He was also recalled to the England squad 

Looks like he was recalled after a 5-1 defeat to Everton.