Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Philips, Axel and Benrahma would be the dream, Trezeguet on top of that would be nice too. Waiting out Stoke and landing Butland at the end of the window would cap a glorious transfer window.

Wesley

El Ghazi                                 Benrahma

Grealish    McGinn

Phillips

Targett     Mings     Tuanzebe    Guilbert

Butland

Subs: Steer, Elmohamady, Hause, Hourihane, Kodjia, Jota, Trezeguet

Would be disappointed if we end up in a relegation scrap with this team.

Edited by Keyblade

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Philips, Axel and Benrahma would be the dream, Trezeguet on top of that would be nice too. Waiting out Stoke and landing Butland at the end of the window would cap a glorious transfer window.

I still think we need another striker or a forward that can play anywhere across the front 3.

• Like 4

Just now, deeps said:

This JP story has me worried that we are only looking at 3 more players. Surely it’s more?

If we sign a starting CB, DM and RW, we'll have a strong starting XI and very little in terms of quality depth.

I don't think we'll be having any cup runs this season.

We are potentially very low premier league and need the best we can get so developing someone’s else’s player may be better than buying an unknown player in the short term I’m not sure we have many of our own that quite match up at the moment We all desperately want to be Barcelona but it might take some time.

We might be trying to get Tuanzebe back on loan with an option to buy, he's signed a new contract with United but they didn't have a choice really as he was down to the last year on his contract, if they'd have loaned him out for another season under those circumstances they would have affectively been giving him away.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't want axle if we don't have option  to buy. Had enough of developing other teams players. We are premier league now. Enough of that and let's develop our own.

Politely disagree in this case. If we get him back on loan for another year then he will have been at villa for longer than some players which we actually bought.

He also, for me, doesn't need much developing and is nearly a complete player as is, so it's not like we are taking some young wet behind the ears defender and letting him get all his mistakes out whilst playing for us rather than his parent club.

Added to that he certainly doesn't play like a typically cautious loanee. Would never complain about his application or desire.

All imho of course

Tuanzebe for a year or Cahill for a year? I know which one I would go for. I know it goes against what we are building but they are playing the long game. They don't think he will ever get his chance at Utd so will continue to loan him until they are ready to sell.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

GK

CB

RW

DM

ST

Any less signings than this and i think we will struggle, the strength in depth is simply not good enough.I have 

Wolves pretty much played whole season with same 11 plus Traore and Saiss cameo minutes. Costa and Carvalho started season then dropped early never to be seen again. 

Patricio is shit. 8 CS in 37 games. I'd bet on Steer to top that comfortably

People say Wolves carried their runaway winners Championship form into PL. When we got Grealish back and Mings with Smith style embedded we were in runaway winner form if that was beginning of season. We're bringing that form into PL with upgrades in some positions already... Jota Targett

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wolves pretty much played whole season with same 11 plus Traore and Saiss cameo minutes. Costa and Carvalho started season then dropped early never to be seen again. 

Patricio is shit. 8 CS in 37 games. I'd bet on Steer to top that comfortably

So Wolves were the 1 in 20 that managed it.

What makes you confident we will be that 1 in 20 team to manage the same thing this season?