Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Has been mentioned before but I do wonder if it would be worth trying to sign Lemina from So’ton for the DM position. Maybe on a loan to buy deal.

Haven’t seen much of him but he must be pretty good if he could get games at Juventus, didn’t get game time for So’ton last season due to injury then wasn’t selected when he returned to fitness. Wants to leave now...

Also, Santamaria seems like a good option after seeing his stats. Covers a lot of ground and gets stuck in defensively. 

Seems like there are more affordable alternatives to Philips out there. Billing is another DM that has been mentioned.

Of course, it’s almost pointless speculating as the club will already have their targets in mind and we can’t influence anything but it’s part of the fun of transfer season 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has a lot of fight and desire in him to be fair which sometimes can make up for any weakness. He was unbelievable in the second leg against us.

I know a lot of Albion fans they all think he is rubbish. Said he gives away a lot of goals by errors or fouls

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

So: 

Monday 10 June 2019 - El Ghazi signs

Monday 17 June 2019 - Hause signs

Monday 1 July 2019 - Targett signs 

Monday 8 July 2019 - Mings signs

So @Delphinho123, when you said Wednesday, did you actually mean Monday ;) 

What about Wesleyday?

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Ugh, can imagine all the crazy situations and mishaps that would happen with Hegazi and El Ghazi? Far too confusing. Avoid.

Reminds me when we had Luke Moore, Luke Young and Ashley Young. Commentators struggled with it so much.. I remember one time when we had a whole new player called Ashley Moore according to one commentator 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

What about Wesleyday?

Not having it - the pre work permit announcement was Thursday 13 June 2019; formally done on Tuesday 2 July 2019.

I will give @Delphinho123 Jota though, that was Wednesday 5 June 2019...

• Like 1

The link to Hegazi came from BBC journalist Phil McNulty, who I don't think is prone to just making things up, although the way he worded the tweet made it sound like he was a priority for us. Also he missed eight games in the league for Albion last season and they didn't win one of them,

Hegazi missed eight games for Albion last season, and they didn't win one of those games,

55 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There’s no way you could know whether he is or isn’t. I guess that’s the joys of being a sport journalist - but purely from “lowish”? You wouldn’t know. 

From what I remember years back (MON era) Nixon was based in the North West and was good mates with Owen Coyle when he was Burnley manager so he tended to know the inns and outs of Burnley very well. He was also in on what was happening at Blackburn and reported our interest in Bentley, Friedel and Warnock before it all got into the mainstream.

That was ages ago and seems he's know morphed into some transfer guru for Daily Mirror but I would say he'd know more about who's signing and leaving for north west clubs than say John Percy who's Midlands bases.

In the league he missed eight they lost three of those and drew the other five. I think we'll more than likely get Webster to partner Mings.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, robitee said:

Nixon was pretty spot on back then, used to post on  the Blackburn rovers board. He got the Milner to villa move right as well

That board is still going although no idea if he still posts on it.

Ultimately up there and being in that region as a big hitting journalist will mean he'll have good contacts with players, coaching staff, directors and agents. So one simple text/call to any of them, a reply back we're trying to get Heaton in on the cheap and there's your story. Published if it's in the interests of the club of course....

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

BBC have a transfer rumours section although this is an article. I still think it's rubbish personally. As far as I'm aware Guardian has best success rate of reported transfers that happen at around 32%

Please don't tell me you work this out for every need outlet! 😱

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Please don't tell me you work this out for every need outlet! 😱

When teams are spending big dough, and taking big whisks, doing research on the rumours is a great tart.

Spoiler

..and yes, I know that’s not how knead is spelt, but work with me, flour!