Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I think we could see 10+ players coming in, but not all first teamers. I'd like to see...

CB x 3 - Mings, Hause, ????

LB - Justin

DM - ????

CM - ????

LW - ????

RW - El Ghazi

ST x 2 - Abraham, ????

I wonder if Gary Cahill could do a job alongside Mings?

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Benteke , year left on his contract at palace, £10m and 100k a week on a 2 year contract ? 

Nah. 

Time to look forward. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He is out of contract now, unless we decide to take up a year option on him (which we won't). 

I know this is said a lot on VT but is it confirmed anywhere? It was reported as a four-year deal at the time.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Benteke , year left on his contract at palace, £10m and 100k a week on a 2 year contract ? 

No way. No way.

It's weird for me to like so many of our players at once. Normally the last 30 years, even during fairly good spells, I've only liked one player or maybe two. In this team I just love McGinn, Mings, Grealish, with honourable mention to Steer and El Ghazi. Deano has done really well with what he was given that's for sure. 

I believe it's likely we can keep El Ghazi and Mings, that leaves us in a position where we have to find a new CB, LB, DM, RW and striker, before we consider depth. We have to get signing a lot of players whether we like it or not. I'd love to see a new young quality DM come in. Fortunately it seems Deano and his staff are capable of looking abroad for bargains. 

Ironically I think the two players everyone are raving about, are the two players I am not convinced of. That is Tuanzebe and Abraham. They are without a doubt great championship players, but I am not sure they have what it takes. Possibly Tuanzebe, but really unsure about it. 

Fortunately it's the last we've seen of Whelan, Hutton, Taylor, Jedinak and what not. It has to be. 

This summer is going to be mental. It's going to be F5 for 10 weeks straight. 

50 minutes ago, thunderball said:

El Ghazi, Haus and Mings should be straight forward. Guilbert is already ours.

Tuenzebe looks 50/50 or worse.

Tammy has no future at Chelsea, any suggestion other than that is bullshit and talking up his price. But I wouldn’t pay more than £20m, however a lot of potential for 21 y.o.

Of the rumours, I would love to see Maupay in addition to Tammy. Aribo didn’t impress me in the play off, but for free worth a contract. Justin James looks promising too. £15-20m on Isaac Hayden looks a good deal for a capable 22 y.o., also Ryan Kent for £10m would add competition for Green.

Wild card: Eybil.

All of this improves us without overwhelming the team structure and ethic.

Thank you and good luck to: Adomah, Whelan, Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton, Bjarnason, Hogan. And good bye to McCormack, Tishbola, Bunn, Richards. 

If all this comes off our squad is 2-3 players smaller but massively better off. Oh, and no more loans without nailed on options, and no-one over 26y.o. Please.

I'd like to see us make a move for Lolley as well. Not just because of the obvious but he has been a revelation this season and I think he could make the step up. 

I'd keep Whelan on for another year as backup. 

Add Lansbury to the payers to leave. 

Edited by Xela

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd like to see us make a move for Lolley as well. Not just because of the obvious but he has been a revelation this season and I think he could make the step up. 

This

• Like 1

I generally believe it's never wise to go back. Honestly think there's only one player of former Villa players in the Premier League I'd consider signing and that's Cahill. Even Milner is probably past it at this stage, despite how much I loved his stint with us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

my opinion:

1) sign Tuanzebe, Mings, El Ghazi & Hause. (35-50m? for the lot?)

2) Probably need 4 new players to complete the core (LB, DMC, AMR, SC)

3) I know some ppl love Tammy, but personally i dont think he would cut it in the Prem, so either Chelsea dont want to sell/loan due to their transfer ban, or if we could for 25m, i wouldnt.

4) Once the 4 core new signings are complete, anything else is a bonus.

Steer or Kalinic

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Mings - Justin 

Phillips

Grealish - McGinn

Lolley            Maupay            El Ghazi

I think key is signing up the loan players you've mentioned, there is a great team spirit and bond right now, understandably.

I dont think we need wholesale changes but just a few additions that will strengthen the starting eleven. I hope we can keep Tammy, he needs to improve his all round game for sure, but he looks like a really good character to have around the dressing room.

If we improve in the full back positions and on the flanks we will be just fine.

I'm not a scout but hopefully our network can find our own Maupay (for example), we need to be clever in the market (for a change)! 

I would love us to go for Sinkgraven from Ajax, he’s only 23 but has had a lot of praise and is working on being the Ajax first choice LB. From the limited time I’ve see him he’s very good, and would be a coup for us to get him. He’s a left wing back which we’re crying out for (although Taylor did fine this season I think it’s time to upgrade). No link or anything, I’d just really like us to sign a player like that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Does anyone else agree that £25m looks too much for Tammy?

Yup. I don’t think he creates enough for himself to be a good Prem striker, much less a top one. £25 million could be better spent elsewhere.

Edited by Ginko

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I do. He just misses waaayy too many chances. He needs like 5 shots to get one on target. 

But ultimately it's a gamble Smith has to stand by. If it works out, those £ 25 million is easily £ 50 million within 12 months. If it fails relegation is on the cards. Personally I'd rather see us loan Tammy for another season with option to buy for £ 25 million. Then at least we can get an indication of whether he ever will be a PL player. 

• Like 1

I’d taken Bowen still, think Smith could do wonders with him. 

Taylor will get replaced, he’s done well the second half of this season, but even today, he’s the weakest of the backline that clubs try to exploit.

Tammy, id try and get on loan with an option to buy, let’s see if he can use that as motivation to improve to a lower prem level striker.

CDM, I think will be a foreign name. None come to mind but wouldn’t surprise me if it’s from la liga given pitarchs links. 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I agree, a Villa fan too. My fear is what he would cost - he is very valuable to Forest. Would be a very good signing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Seems reasonable enough to me for an 'English' premier league striker. Hugill cost West Ham £10m. Tammy is a fair bit better and coming from Chelsea not Preston. Not too much more than that however