Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

15 hours ago, ASOWL said:

Can't seem to start a topic, thats fair enough...

Wednesday are looking to sign Josh Onomah..i know he played a fair few games for Villa, he played about 4 for us...got injured, went back to spurs...

is he worth a punt?

I thought he was bang average.

When you’re signing a player from Spurs there’ll be a premium to pay, both in terms of fee and his wages.  You can see this in how Spurs were basically trying to swap him for Jack Grealish.

Timid and goes missing for large parts of the game.

I suspect whatever you’re about to pay him and them, would better utilised elsewhere.

• Like 2

He looked really good until he joined us. A standout player at youth level. Might be a busted flush at senior level. He certainly disappointed at Villa under Bruce. Knowing this, I'm not sure why Steve Bruce would go back for him but Bruce does unimaginative daft things.

Onomah is too relaxed he plays like he has already made it. is a player somewhere inside him but might be too late before we see it

I think Dean Smith style team would have got more from him

If we're a premier club Monday, then I don't see why we can't splash a fair amount if the Owners ok it.

You only have to do abit of math to see what kind of figures Spurs would be paying for all these players they are after, it's outrageous especially if they were allowed to spend that much. There are many linked players who could very well be on there way to spurs but if those bids are accepted (in the link below), then it shows how much its one rule for the top 6 and another for the rest of the clubs. Yes its highly unlikely they will all be accepted but the thought of spurs even being able to spend hundreds of millions compared to what we will be able to spend if we go up, is pretty nauseating to be honest.

Tottenham transfer news LIVE: £52m playmaker bid rejected, Grealish gets big price tag, Spurs urged to keep Trippier

https://talksport.com/football/545961/real-betis-lo-celso-grealish-aston-villa-trippier/

31 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If we're a premier club Monday, then I don't see why we can't splash a fair amount if the Owners ok it.

You only have to do abit of math to see what kind of figures Spurs would be paying for all these players they are after, it's outrageous especially if they were allowed to spend that much. There are many linked players who could very well be on there way to spurs but if those bids are accepted (in the link below), then it shows how much its one rule for the top 6 and another for the rest of the clubs. Yes its highly unlikely they will all be accepted but the thought of spurs even being able to spend hundreds of millions compared to what we will be able to spend if we go up, is pretty nauseating to be honest.

Tottenham transfer news LIVE: £52m playmaker bid rejected, Grealish gets big price tag, Spurs urged to keep Trippier

https://talksport.com/football/545961/real-betis-lo-celso-grealish-aston-villa-trippier/

Spurs havent signed a player in 2 transfer windows. They wont be breaking any rules at all

• Like 2

On 24/05/2019 at 17:16, ASOWL said:

Can't seem to start a topic, thats fair enough...

Wednesday are looking to sign Josh Onomah..i know he played a fair few games for Villa, he played about 4 for us...got injured, went back to spurs...

is he worth a punt?

I rate him to be honest. Flashes of genuine top flight talent. Athletic, comfortable on the ball, good close control. Smart player, good at pressing... all of this when he has his head right however. He switches off far too much. He needs a lot of nurturing and he needs to settle at a club and in a role. I think there's a very good Championship player in there as a minimum. 

• Like 2

I saw that Everton might be looking to sell or loan out Vlašić again, and thought he could possibly be a target for us. (I don't know how realistic this proposition could be come Tuesday however)

Ryan Kent linked.

Fairly quick, very two footed, skilful and likes to take people on.

When this Smith system has two decent wingers and a a good DM, my word we'll hand out some spankings.

• Like 1

Kent and Aribo would be two brilliant signings in my opinion.

Plus, I know I've mentioned him before and he didn't show that much in the playoffs, but I'd like to see if we could get Rekeem Harper.

I know a few are interested in him and it seems he hasn't signed a new contract with West Brom so could be available on a free.

I hear a lot of good things about him and from the small amount I've seen (apart from the playoffs, but he didn't really do much wrong/have much time to make an impact especially with what his instructions appeared to be) he seems like the type of player we could do with.

Kent ? Hope I'm wrong but this smacks of Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth for 15m or Iheanacho to Leicester for 20 odd m.....big boys cashing in on their reserves for massive money when they've still done sod all in the game.

I think the game had "gone" for me when andré grey was bought for 18m 🙄

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Ryan Kent linked.

Fairly quick, very two footed, skilful and likes to take people on.

When this Smith system has two decent wingers and a a good DM, my word we'll hand out some spankings.

And with 2 competent FB's ;)

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Kent ? Hope I'm wrong but this smacks of Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth for 15m or Iheanacho to Leicester for 20 odd m.....big boys cashing in on their reserves for massive money when they've still done sod all in the game.

I think the game had "gone" for me when andré grey was bought for 18m 🙄

Completely agree.

Clubs paying "established PL player fees" for kids who have made a handful of appearances. The Solanke transfer is among the most ridiculous I've ever seen, £20M for a striker who scored 1 goal in 21 appearances either Bournemouth have got money to spunk up the wall or there's something dodgy going on.

• Like 2