Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'd like us to go the young hungry route with players like Justin.

Players who will stick around should the worse happen and we go down so we can come straight back up again with a strong core.

I really hope we don't go the mercenary route and sign big names from abroad who will **** off should the going get tough.

Well mostly cause I don't agree. He's been okey in a very good championship side, while being shown to be extremely one footed. He isn't Premier League quality and we could be spending that money on a better player. 

If we do sign him, he will have to do a lot better that's for sure.  

I have no interest in bashing him fwiw. If we sign him I will back him for sure. And while I like the idea of keeping the core of this squad and building carefully, we also have to consider that some of the players simply aren't good enough for a Premier League team. If we keep building like a championship side we will end up back in the championship. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

If we keep the loan player we still need:

For me we need a new LB, Taylor has been good since March but we need cover. 

We need defensive MF to break up play, can we find another Gueye? 

I think we need a top class winger and this is where I would spend most. 

Then if we keep Tammy happy days, but if not the only way you stay in the Prem is goals. So a striker is essential. 

Busy summer ahead for DS. And a lot of money will need to be spent. 

Don't think Taylor is first choice Prem standard, again decent backup option though. Both our full backs are getting on as well, would like to see young ones coming in that are 21/22. That's why Tierney makes a lot of sense and Guilbert is only 24.

We def need a Gueye/Kante type player to break up play. Both of those players came from France, maybe we can find another gem there. Shame we signed Gueye when we still had Lerner in charge, think he'd do really well in our current team. 

Not sure on bringing Milner back, he's getting on a bit and his wages would be high too. Still a good player though. 

A top class right winger I think is achievable, we got El Ghazi as a Championship club and he was one of the most promising wingers in the world a few years back. But I actually like the look of Wilson and reckon he can become an absolute superstar so would go for him and match the £25mil Liverpool are asking for him.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'd like us to go the young hungry route with players like Justin.

Players who will stick around should the worse happen and we go down so we can come straight back up again with a strong core.

I really hope we don't go the mercenary route and sign big names from abroad who will **** off should the going get tough.

That is exactly what we don't want.....However, we need the quality to avoid going back down too.

I trust Dean and the club to get it right now.

57 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

A top class right winger I think is achievable, we got El Ghazi as a Championship club and he was one of the most promising wingers in the world a few years back. But I actually like the look of Wilson and reckon he can become an absolute superstar so would go for him and match the £25mil Liverpool are asking for him.

I don't care how good Wilson may be, I would not be paying £25M for him, ever! There's so much better value than him around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

First job - Sign all the loan players

Then

LB - Sessegnon

CM - Hayden, Milner 

RW - Kent, 

ST - Mitrovic

Has been pony this season. WNB

So I guess, any of our players will now be sold as " Premier League" players......another "Brucie Bonus"

Oops sorry about the Pun.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

This also applies to players here from the English League - We have our very own in Micah Richards and Mccormack who have the title.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Didn't we go for the young and hungry route under Lambert? Didn't actually work out great

because you have missed a bit off.

.....we want

• Young, Hungry & Talented.

He bought

• Young ,Hungry & ****

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

because you have missed a bit off.

.....we want

• Young, Hungry & Talented.

He bought

• Young ,Hungry & ****

Exactly. We don't have to go shopping for the best talent at Crewe and some nondescript Danish clubs no more.