Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

my opinion:

1) sign Tuanzebe, Mings, El Ghazi & Hause. (35-50m? for the lot?)

2) Probably need 4 new players to complete the core (LB, DMC, AMR, SC)

3) I know some ppl love Tammy, but personally i dont think he would cut it in the Prem, so either Chelsea dont want to sell/loan due to their transfer ban, or if we could for 25m, i wouldnt.

4) Once the 4 core new signings are complete, anything else is a bonus.

Steer or Kalinic

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Mings - New LB

New DMC

Grealish - McGinn

New AMR - New SC - El Ghazi

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I have some suggestions for new signings

- Mings

- Tuanzebe

- Hause

-El Ghazi

i hope you have investigated them well?, have you done your due diligence?, i hope you have watched them play at least once for their club? :)

I know we are all about who we want to sign, but who do we want to keep?

Surely we don't want to uproot all at once and affect the spirit we have developed.

I can see us getting a younger, upgraded Whelan. Hourihane is ok as a squad player etc.

Of the loan players I think Mings/Hause/El Ghazi are pretty much givens. 

Tuanzebe/Abraham are slightly more difficult given their respective club positions. However if they could be bought and wanted to come back (probably alright on the 2nd part); then would be more than happy with them too!

Goalkeepers: Steer has proved be is definitely competition now. With kalinic fighting for the shirt and Nyland as 3rd choice (still think he was given a ropey deal by Bruce with that defence...) then I think we are sorted for now.

Defenders: Elmo has played himself into next years squad and we will have Guilbert too for RB. Centre backs Mings/Hause definitely part of the squad. Will Chester be good enough? Not sure, may need another CB. LB we need strengthening.

Defensive Midfielder: definitely needs an upgrade. Whelan, possibly another season as back up... possibly. Jedinak will be moved on.

Midfielders: McGinn/Grealish definitely (obvs.) and hourihane is more than capable squad player; certainly for next season. Maybe 1 more for competition. Might see Lansbury/Bjarnasson heading out the door. O’Hare also might be introduced into the food too.

Wingers: El Ghazi first choice and Green for squad I can definitely see. Think Adomah and Kodjia may be moved on. Think we need at least 1 or 2 wingers. 

Strikers: Abraham if possible, otherwise definitely need another. Kodjia might be moved on, but if stays can see him being back up along with Davis.

That would leave us with: 

Steer/Kalinic/Nyland

Guilbert/Elmo - Tuanzebe/New CB/Chester - Mings/Hause - New LB/Taylor

New DMC/back up DMC

Grealish/Hourihane - McGinn/new Midfielder

New RW/Green - Abraham/New SC/Kodjia/Davis - El Ghazi/New LW

Yep. Definitely going to enjoy this thread now :D

El Ghazi, Haus and Mings should be straight forward. Guilbert is already ours.

Tuenzebe looks 50/50 or worse.

Tammy has no future at Chelsea, any suggestion other than that is bullshit and talking up his price. But I wouldn’t pay more than £20m, however a lot of potential for 21 y.o.

Of the rumours, I would love to see Maupay in addition to Tammy. Aribo didn’t impress me in the play off, but for free worth a contract. Justin James looks promising too. £15-20m on Isaac Hayden looks a good deal for a capable 22 y.o., also Ryan Kent for £10m would add competition for Green.

Wild card: Eybil.

All of this improves us without overwhelming the team structure and ethic.

Thank you and good luck to: Adomah, Whelan, Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton, Bjarnason, Hogan. And good bye to McCormack, Tishbola, Bunn, Richards. 

If all this comes off our squad is 2-3 players smaller but massively better off. Oh, and no more loans without nailed on options, and no-one over 26y.o. Please.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Thank you and good luck to: Adomah, Whelan, Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton, Bjarnason, Hogan. And good bye to McCormack, Tishbola, Bunn, Richards. 

Adomah, Hogan, McCormack and Tshibola are all under contract with the club. Where do you see them going?