Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Could go for Wilson and Mount.im sure their parent clubs would like them to have a Premiership loan next if they dont sell them

Would also love Bowen,think he has really stepped up this season and would welcome a move to a bigger club

So immensely proud of the boys today. Mcginn what can I say, a superstar today and I think frankly we need to find the next mcginn, the next Benteke, the next Martin Laursen etc. 

The market is so inflated it is incredible we need to be smart, we need to do our homework and scout properly. 

These players I mentioned were non entities but became amazing signings for us at very modest prices. Fulham is a warning that you could spend a 100 million and still look foolish in the Premier league. 

David Turnbull is ripping it up in Scotland, goal scoring midfielder, John mcginn didn't get anywhere near those figures up here as an example. 

Dean Smith has had to find players on a budget in his previous managerial roles, albeit this is a bigger scale to his Walsall and Brentford days but the same rules apply. Do your homework, get the right characters in and find quality that compliments what we already have. 

Just now, dnmacf said:

Lolley would be a perfect replacement for Adomah for me - him and El Ghazi can swap sides. Reckon £15m would do it? 

Bowen could be an option aswell.plays either wing and has scored alot of goals this season

• Like 1

Ins: mings, hause, cahill, hayden, Justin, maupay, abraham, hamza choudhury, el ghazi, benrahma, lolley 

outs: elphick, jedinak, whelan, adomah,  bjarnsson, 

loans out: Davis, green, o’hare 

steer

guilbert,  Cahill,  mings,   Justin, 

McGinn,   Hayden,    Grealish, 

benrahma,    Abraham,    El ghazi 

Squad: Kalinic, Nyland, hause, Taylor,  hamza, lolley, kodjia, maupay, el-mo, chester, Lansbury

Centre forward is the most important position, that’s why it commands the biggest fees. Pinning your success on a 21 y.o. £25m player has huge risks, however Tammy has a lot of development and potential to come. If we went down he would do the business, he’s proved that. If we buy and he flops Inreckon a wannabe relegation team would buy him for £20m, that’s shortly to be the going rate in the second tier.

We now have the money, I think £20-25m is worth a punt on Tammy, but I think we need someone else up top and possibly around the £35m+ range. I hope we also get Maupay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Does anyone else agree that £25m looks too much for Tammy?

I think its the going rate for a young striker with potential. Cheap even?

Solanke cost Bournemouth £19m and he has only ever scored 1 goal. Chelsea rejected £35m for Hudson-Odoi (apparently) who although is more of a winger gives you an idea of prices. 

4 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Ins: mings, hause, cahill, hayden, Justin, maupay, abraham, hamza choudhury, el ghazi, benrahma, lolley 

outs: elphick, jedinak, whelan, adomah,  bjarnsson, 

loans out: Davis, green, o’hare 

steer

guilbert,  Cahill,  mings,   Justin, 

McGinn,   Hayden,    Grealish, 

benrahma,    Abraham,    El ghazi 

Squad: Kalinic, Nyland, hause, Taylor,  hamza, lolley, kodjia, maupay, el-mo, chester, Lansbury

Hayden be a quality bit of business and by what's been touted around he wants the move. No to Cahill. No time for sentiment. He's played hardly no premier league football and i don't think he has it anymore for this level. Mings and Konsa. Konsa is quality. We don't get him, someone else will.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Bowen could be an option aswell.plays either wing and has scored alot of goals this season

Linked with Ryan Kent as well

41 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Add Lansbury to the payers to leave. 

Good luck with that. He was already one of the highest earners in the championship before we went up. Apparently he has a promotion wage rise clause in his contract, so no championship club will be able to afford him. Also mccormack has gone from 40k to 70k a week 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

i Think James Tavernier from Rangers would be perfect type of player for the way smith has us playing  good age (27) never really had a chance in English football will be hungry and who can score goals too (17) this season from right back. will be cheap and worth a punt. 

3 minutes ago, walesavfc said:

i Think James Tavernier from Rangers would be perfect type of player for the way smith has us playing  good age (27) never really had a chance in English football will be hungry and who can score goals too (17) this season from right back. will be cheap and worth a punt. 

Freddy Guilbert says hi.

Mings and El Ghazi absolutely have to get done.

Axel and Hause I'm less convinced about but both have been great at times this season and if they are available would be good for continuity.

Tammy is a bit more difficult to see happening easily due to the Transfer embargo at chelski. But an absolute no-brainer if he's available.

After that

Lolley please. And not just because VT but because Joe Lolley the footballer.

• Like 1