Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Southampton fans don't rate him! 

Then again, our own fans hated Westwood etc etc.

Trust in DS and all that. 

I know nothing about him, but was actually wondering why they are so willing to let him go at the rumoured price if true?

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Westwood always got unnecessary stick by Villa fans imo. He was playing under Lambert who was next to useless.

@useless is this true?

Are you in fact Hairy Hands right hand man?

Reveal yourself!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

Just now, PieFacE said:

Westwood always got unnecessary stick by Villa fans imo. He was playing under Lambert who was next to useless.

No. no no. He got the necessary stick. Let's not play captain hindsight now because he's gone on to have moderate success in a team and system that works for him. I know what my eyes seen. They didn't deceive me. Played nearly 150 games for us. He runs around like crazy to give the perception " jeez that lads putting in a shift " yet by the time he gets to the opponent, balls gone. Weak as piss water. Good stats man when it comes to passing but lacks any bravery to make a forward pass. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

These type of posts always make me chuckle. Do people not see the relevance of asking what our previous manager would have done?

People did it when O'Neill left, people did it when Lambert left, and if things go badly for Smith, people will do it when he leaves.

It's part and parcel of 'football chat', unfortunately (for those that only care about the here and now).

Thanks for talking down but your type of posts make me really sad when someone who is meant to be a fellow fan try to make out he is superior.

but there is no relevance talking about What Would Steve Bruce do.

• He is not Our current Manager 
  • We were in a different division to  Bruce's Time so Targets would have been different
  • Along with Above point I doubt Bruce would have got us promoted
  • Totally different scenario with our Wealthy Owners and knowledgable Management Team than what Bruce operated under
  • Teams played a different style so different targets would have been identified

There is relevance talking about What Steve Bruce did

Learning from the past is always important as you should always Look behind to learn how to go forward, but doing What Ifs about a previous manager(s) and what he would have done has no relevance to a Thread titled 'Summer Transfer Window 2019' (Left the press bit out.)

Reviewing what the previous manager did and where he went in the right direction (McGinn) or cocked up (Hogan) and discussing in those terms.  Using Hogan - people pointing out he has had one good season and we shouldnt have taken that gamble is valid in the context of whether we should bid for Maupay.

As for only caring about the here and now.  Yeah I have enjoyed the ups and downs (Not enjoyed I should Add) of being a Villa supporter for over 40 years. 

Been lucky enough:

to see a team striving to improve itself and ending up being League and then  European Champions. 

Attending a match where Villa were the Defending European Champions

Witness a rebuilding of a the Club by Sir Graham Taylor.  One that held the club together for a long time after.

The Excitement of Big Rons Time and the sheer happiness at watching a player from my childhood become manager in Brian Little.

The League Cup Wins etc etc etc.

Put that is the past and Villa fans are often accused of living in it.  Time to move forward and make new memories.

4 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Thanks for talking down but your type of posts make me really sad when someone who is meant to be a fellow fan try to make out he is superior.

but there is no relevance talking about What Would Steve Bruce do.

• He is not Our current Manager 
  • We were in a different division to  Bruce's Time so Targets would have been different
  • Along with Above point I doubt Bruce would have got us promoted
  • Totally different scenario with our Wealthy Owners and knowledgable Management Team than what Bruce operated under
  • Teams played a different style so different targets would have been identified

There is relevance talking about What Steve Bruce did

Learning from the past is always important as you should always Look behind to learn how to go forward, but doing What Ifs about a previous manager(s) and what he would have done has no relevance to a Thread titled 'Summer Transfer Window 2019' (Left the press bit out.)

Reviewing what the previous manager did and where he went in the right direction (McGinn) or cocked up (Hogan) and discussing in those terms.  Using Hogan - people pointing out he has had one good season and we shouldnt have taken that gamble is valid in the context of whether we should bid for Maupay.

As for only caring about the here and now.  Yeah I have enjoyed the ups and downs (Not enjoyed I should Add) of being a Villa supporter for over 40 years. 

Been lucky enough:

to see a team striving to improve itself and ending up being League and then  European Champions. 

Attending a match where Villa were the Defending European Champions

Witness a rebuilding of a the Club by Sir Graham Taylor.  One that held the club together for a long time after.

The Excitement of Big Rons Time and the sheer happiness at watching a player from my childhood become manager in Brian Little.

The League Cup Wins etc etc etc.

Put that is the past and Villa fans are often accused of living in it.  Time to move forward and make new memories.

First of all, I wasn't talking down. Apologies if it came across that way. I just don't see why people talking about our previous manager is any worse than talking about a previous player or a previous owner or a previous chairman.

(There is a discussion right now in this thread about Westwood. Are you going to tell people you don't care to discuss him too?)

Secondly: TL;DR :D

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

£60m, £70m, £80m, whatever it costs to sign the best players we can, who gives a ****? Only Suso and the club know how much we can spend total and how best that is divided between our targets.

I'll refer you to "I would pay £15m for Mings but not £20m". People are living rent free in 2010. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'll refer you to "I would pay £15m for Mings but not £20m". People are living rent free in 2010. 

People won't be living rent free in 2010 for long if we follow our "pay what it takes, it's not my money!" approach from 2010-2018

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

People won't be living rent free in 2010 for long if we follow our "pay what it takes, it's not my money!" approach from 2010-2018

The issue we had then was spending huge money and wages on players with zero resale value.

25m for Kalvin Phillips sounds like a lot but over the course of a 4 year contract, playing at the same level he was at Leeds, and his age etc

4 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Aston Villa chaud sur Baptiste Santamaria ( Angers) . From @Manulonjon who is pretty reliable apparently.

No idea who Baptiste Santamaria is mind, but i love the name

It's the most Catholic name ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It's slowly dawning on me that we might go into next season with 11 competent players on the pitch. No weak links, no accidents waiting to happen. Just decent players all over the pitch. Of course the standard will rise and these decent players might just look average. But still just think about it no Kieran Richardsons, no Okores, no Bacuna, no Gabby, no Lescott, Richards, Charles N'Zogbia. 

There is always a whipping boy. Doesn’t matter how well we are doing. It’s the law.