Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, NIVillan said:

Really couldn't care less what Bruce would have done.

On this version of the multi-verse he hasn't been responsible for managing Villa since the end of 2018.

Might as well do what if John Gregory was our manager posts.

We would win the league with John as our manager.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

We would win the league with John as our manager.

Not interested in 'what if John Gregory was manager' posts. Might as well do what if Big Ron was manager posts instead...

Said it a few days ago and I see Celtic have signed a new CB today that we should go after Kristoffer Ajer ... Hause Mings Webster Ajer would provide depth and healthy competition. 

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

there were rumours of a 15m bid being laughed at in the week

don't know if its true that they were after him but can imagine the figure being rejected is right, he's the best home grown prospect they've had for a while, they'll want English style money for him, maybe 25-30m

They might be persuaded to take around 20-25m Scottish pound notes, or even Euros for him. ;) 

The problem is that we are looking to buy in a bear rather than in a bull market during this transfer window... 

12 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Really couldn't care less what Bruce would have done.

On this version of the multi-verse he hasn't been responsible for managing Villa since the end of 2018.

Might as well do what if John Gregory was our manager posts.

These type of posts always make me chuckle. Do people not see the relevance of asking what our previous manager would have done?

People did it when O'Neill left, people did it when Lambert left, and if things go badly for Smith, people will do it when he leaves.

It's part and parcel of 'football chat', unfortunately (for those that only care about the here and now).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really delighted of we are in for targett. He is quality.

Yeah just fed up with rumours though.....we need to get some signings done :(

It's slowly dawning on me that we might go into next season with 11 competent players on the pitch. No weak links, no accidents waiting to happen. Just decent players all over the pitch. Of course the standard will rise and these decent players might just look average. But still just think about it no Kieran Richardsons, no Okores, no Bacuna, no Gabby, no Lescott, Richards, Charles N'Zogbia. 

It could all go wrong of course and we end up getting strung out so bad on fees we can't fill the squad and we end up having to start an already crocked Chester with no back up in the squad. But still just a little summer optimism that we might see a balanced team of 11 decent footballers for the first time in a very very long time. 

Just now, villarule123 said:

Southampton fans don't rate him! 

Then again, our own fans hated Westwood etc etc.

Trust in DS and all that. 

Because Westwood is a useless crab.

• Thanks 1

Bolton's 18-year old Luca Connell is supposedly very highly rated and is being linked to Celtic on the cheap, or even on a free transfer, because of their financial issues.

This is the sort of player we should also be moving for as well as improving our starting 11.

I just want some signings, we need 6 to 8 players and every days that goes by with no signings makes me twitchy.

USA tour in two weeks.....are we going to be able to field a team ?!?!?!