Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

I think we’ve got to be a bit careful being wooed by our own players who have been decent at this level (including those on loan). Most of or current squad do not have the quality required to compete at PL level. 

I think all of the loans could play in the Premier League, not to mention Jack and John, thank God they’re not loans :)

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this? In my opinion, he’s still England’s best left back

He is one of the shittest players I have ever seen and said it for years. Positioning is comical, use of the ball is poor and survives on pace. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

No thanks Cahill, he’s finished in the premier league. 

We shouldn’t be signing anyone over 30, exception being whelan who’s good for another year.

So Gary Cahill who is 2 years younger than Whelan, and a far better player with infinite more trophies is finished despite being part of Englands world cup squad last summer...

Yet Whelan who's spent the last 2 years a division below is good for another year despite being 2 years older and plays in a position that requires far more running? ok.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Jarrod Bowen please. Providing we go up of course. 

Interestingly, he was with us as a youth and was let go. Which is probably why he went feckin mental when he scored against us.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Robbie Brady if we go up? Just a suggestion

I've seen him play more for Ireland than for Burnley but he's not good enough IMO. We'd need a better standard of player than him. He's a championship level player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I really don't fancy paying Gary Cahills wages 100k a week? 

The days of signing players over 30 on those wages are gone. I hope. Instead why don't we find the next Cahill. 

No one is asking you to pay his wages!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Whatever happens over the next few weeks and our final outcome, i’d like us to try and sign Maupay.    Quite honestly, there’s a few more at Brentford worth signing.  

Rico Henry & as @holtend4life I’d also add Konza as well as Maupay .... Brentford could get very rich from us this summer.. 

Or maybe Dean Smith will find the ‘next’ players rather than blowing our budget at Brentford. The 5 Brentford players mentioned above would probably cost £50m. I can’t see us spending that sort of money just because Smith has worked with them before. There will be better value elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I really don't fancy paying Gary Cahills wages 100k a week? 

The days of signing players over 30 on those wages are gone. I hope. Instead why don't we find the next Cahill. 

I was all for Cahill before we got Mings.

As things stand, I would rather put the money on Mings.

Then again what Cahill brings in big game experience and a winning mentality, plus got some Villa in him.

Mings, Cahill, Hause, Chester as CBs in PL?

Would ideally prefer Left Foot, Right foot CB pairing.

I know some people say it doesn't make much difference but I've sometimes seen it make a difference with fine margins.

Playing out and receiving etc, much more efficient when balanced IMO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was all for Cahill before we got Mings.

As things stand, I would rather put the money on Mings.

Then again what Cahill brings in big game experience and a winning mentality, plus got some Villa in him.

Mings, Cahill, Hause, Chester as CBs in PL?

Would ideally prefer Left Foot, Right foot CB pairing.

I know some people say it doesn't make much difference but I've sometimes seen it make a difference with fine margins.

Playing out and receiving etc, much more efficient when balanced IMO.

I think you are absolutely correct, our best centre back combination currently is Tuanzebe and Mings for me