Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

It does. How do you think they attracted champions league quality players to the championship on 20k a week?!They could be paying these players well over the market value salaries to attract them via the agency. Foshun has deep pockets so can afford it. 

As far as ffp is concerned they are well within. I suspect if they had to declare 100% of these salaries they would be in trouble with ffp. 

DaveAV1 basically beat me to it. There's nothing Wolves have done that we can't do. Were a bigger club with richer owners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Link to a french DM named Baptise Santamaria now. They’re coming thick and fast.

Was linked 2 days ago. Had a look at his TM profile

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

DaveAV1 basically beat me to it. There's nothing Wolves have done that we can't do. Were a bigger club with richer owners.

Wolves were established, we aren’t. If we had El Ghazi, Mings, House and Abraham before summer. Then we might have had a chance. Wolves had a proper squad when they came up. They’ve just worked on additions. They had atleast one month before the season ended to start and build up for Premier League. We didn’t know that we’re promoted until after a month from where everybody else knew which league they’ll play in.

Basically the timing is too tight, and ofcourse our squad is really thin. A huge work needed. For those reasons, we can’t compare our casr with Wolves.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mazrim said:

What makes him reliable? What has he got right? 

It’s a private account, he doesn’t tweet much but only on solid news, he seems to know someone at the club or works there as he knows when medicals are booked or going on, he also knows of interest and bids going in. Is quite cryptic but is generally ahead of the curve on news, e.g. he will refer to the position until the name is in the public domain. Was ahead of the Joe Bryan stuff last summer and Isaac Hayden loan bid in Jan, and Rico Henry. Advised on Justin this window. 

It’s interesting as he give you info on quite a bit that falls through so you get false dawns but that the transfer business, that’s why he gets some stick from some. I think he’s genuine 

Wolves did sign Ruben Neves in the Championship though. In the summer after they finished 15th in the 2nd tier they signed one of the biggest talents in Europe ffs. Yes, they had Mendes assisting, but Mendes is also working with us as far as I’m aware (helped us get El Ghazi). 

Maxi Gomes is an interesting one and if he adapts could be a huge signing. Would cost a lot but goals keep you up and if he clicks with the team he will score.

A risk but then so would signing Maupay who is only proven in Championship. 

• Like 2

It's a bit of an exaggeration to call Neves one of the biggest talents in Europe when Wolves signed him, the previous season he'd only made an handful of appearances for Porto. In fact most of the players Wolves signed through Mendes whilst in the Championship were players who weren't getting a game at their previous club, it's not like they signed a bunch of ready made superstars, their main asset has been Nuno, it will be interesting to what happens when he leaves.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Maupay is the real deal, he will make it in the game and would be a safe investment. Maupay is one of the best in the Championship. He can score from anywhere and with head or feet, volleys, tap-ins, he creates his own goals and is very energetic and a tough cookie. Take a moment to watch his YT clips, he is waiting for the big time, he would be right at the top of my shopping list alongside Axel. He wants to be here too.

(Not suggesting you are) It’s a mistake to confuse ‘not good enough for the premier league’ for ‘not good enough for the top six’. There are plenty of players in the Championship that are good enough for the PL, not all will make it if given the chance and not all are good enough for top six, but there are at least 40-50 players plying their trade in the Championship that will play at a very good standard given the right surroundings. Premier league top six is basically mixing it with the very best in the world, that’s a very high standard. There’s plenty of very good tiers below this in the Premier League.

Agree with all of the above, other than the 40-50 bit. I would put the figure at 30 or so lower.   

35 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Maupay is the real deal, he will make it in the game and would be a safe investment.

I am not sure about that. He seems like a decent all round striker, but a lot of his goals are either simple tap ins and penalties. If you observe him getting a clear cut chance he is worse than Tammy. More like Darius Vassell. I'd prefer to leave Maupay to Brentford. 

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Wolves were established, we aren’t. If we had El Ghazi, Mings, House and Abraham before summer. Then we might have had a chance. Wolves had a proper squad when they came up. They’ve just worked on additions. They had atleast one month before the season ended to start and build up for Premier League. We didn’t know that we’re promoted until after a month from where everybody else knew which league they’ll play in.

Basically the timing is too tight, and ofcourse our squad is really thin. A huge work needed. For those reasons, we can’t compare our casr with Wolves.

I know all this. I know Wolves are ahead in terms of squad development. I was and am talking about our ability to sign a player. Or how likely it is a player would join us.

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

It’s a private account, he doesn’t tweet much but only on solid news, he seems to know someone at the club or works there as he knows when medicals are booked or going on, he also knows of interest and bids going in. Is quite cryptic but is generally ahead of the curve on news, e.g. he will refer to the position until the name is in the public domain. Was ahead of the Joe Bryan stuff last summer and Isaac Hayden loan bid in Jan, and Rico Henry. Advised on Justin this window. 

It’s interesting as he give you info on quite a bit that falls through so you get false dawns but that the transfer business, that’s why he gets some stick from some. I think he’s genuine 

So is he a new account for that Avfctranfers guy that used to get things right or is he somebody else? Even he only really knew about medicals not bids.

• Like 2

Wolves had it easier in terms of their squad, but they also finished 7th in their first season? We don't have to finish 7th. We just have to avoid being relegated. That's very much doable. Even if we have to sign 12 players. 

I know Purslow said loaning is a bad business model but that business model got us promoted and earned us £170m in funds. As such if the only way to get Axel and Tammy back is another loan, then I'd be all for it. We've got enough players to buy this year as it is. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Barcelona have put their 20-year old LB Marc Cucurella up for sale. Supposed to be highly rated. Could be a good option if not too expensive.

Transfermarkt have him down as making his loan move to eibar permanent for £2m

thats the kind of gamble I don't mind us taking, German youth teamer left back gianluca itter moved to Freiburg fro £2m too

benfica bought Grimaldo from Barca for £1m and a sell on %

these players are out there just need finding and scouting

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know Purslow said loaning is a bad business model but that business model got us promoted and earned us £170m in funds. As such if the only way to get Axel and Tammy back is another loan, then I'd be all for it. We've got enough players to buy this year as it is. 

If axel signs a new 5 year deal 1st then that's a no from me

dont mind loan to buys, don't mind loans for players winding their contracts down but loans that puts them in the shop window and makes their price tag stupid afterwards is a no from me

mings is slightly different because of his injury record and lack of playing time a loan made sense but there's no way in hell he was a £15m player in January, we inflated his price tag and now have to pay it, Bournemouth have done **** all but count the cash

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1