Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'm looking at Premier League stats only.

Rondon 35 goals in 140 PL games = 4 

Mitrovic 22 goals 77 PL games = 3.5 

Where have you seen Rondon is a free agent? Radio WM were saying just the other week he has a 16.5m release clause.

Fair enough, but 16 of those Rondon appearances were as a sub. That's why I prefer going by minutes played, which is 35 goals in 10,845 minutes, or one goal per 309.9 minutes, or roughly one goal per 3.44 90-minute segments. Still, I suppose it's semantics at this point.

As for the free agent, I'm basing that off something I read here earlier that he was available on a free and out of contract. I could be wrong. If he's going to cost £16.5 million or so, I'm not interested.

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Ashley Williams? God no! He was past it several years ago. Remember Agbonlahor ran him ragged at Swansea, and that was when Gabby already had become a fatso.

He means Iñaki Williams of Athletic Bilbao not Ashley Williams

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Fair enough, but 16 of those Rondon appearances were as a sub. That's why I prefer going by minutes played, which is 35 goals in 10,845 minutes, or one goal per 309.9 minutes, or roughly one goal per 3.44 90-minute segments. Still, I suppose it's semantics at this point.

As for the free agent, I'm basing that off something I read here earlier that he was available on a free and out of contract. I could be wrong. If he's going to cost £16.5 million or so, I'm not interested.

OK, we agree on that at least. I wouldn't mind him on a free either tbh.

How do you work out the goals per minutes? do you include injury time in this? say if someone comes on in the 75th minute, do you only give him 15 minutes or 20? Is there a website which tells you exactly how many minutes he's played? as most places just sate sub appearances in a bracket eg 23(5) would mean 23 starts and 5 subs.

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Ah thanks, never heard of him.

No need for me to have a rant against Ashley Williams then, but at least gave me a reason to call Gabby fatso so I'm happy anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iñaki_Williams

He has a €88m release clause and Liverpool rumored to be after him

We won't be after him but he is who i think other chap was talking about earlier on due to our Spanish connection we have.

Edited by Villan4Life

I don't believe we will know who we are after. I think they will be all new names to us, with the exception of the loanee's . That's fine by me. I believe we probably have about 20 targets  and hope to get about 10 or 12 of them. I don't think I've trusted Villa as much to get it right  for a very long time.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

OK, we agree on that at least. I wouldn't mind him on a free either tbh.

How do you work out the goals per minutes? do you include injury time in this? say if someone comes on in the 75th minute, do you only give him 15 minutes or 20? Is there a website which tells you exactly how many minutes he's played? as most places just sate sub appearances in a bracket eg 23(5) would mean 23 starts and 5 subs.

Try “whoscored” for statistics, they have total number of minutes played. How accurate they are, I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope we sign Dack so when he returns from a injury we can all sing ‘Return of the Dack’ . 🎵 

I also think he’s a tidy little player.

Great player but not worth the drama that comes with him 

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

We used to criticise MON for always buying players from the Premier League, now we seem to have a proper scouting network and you all want Mitrovic and Rondon.

You have to pay a premium to buy from the rival premier league clubs, we can probably buy 2 up and coming younger strikers from Europe for the same price as one of these.

I repeat, they are both 1 in 4 strikers, Rondon is 29 and wont improve - last season was the first time in 4 seasons here he hit double figures and that was only just, Mitrovic is a hit and miss finisher (prem record: 21 goals in 77 apps). Lets look beyond MOTD highlights please.

I’m with you @Junxs, it’s a completely bullsh*t strategy to buy players for inflated prices from Premier League rivals.

With that in mind, I think we should have a look at Championship side Fulham and WBA’s striker. I forget their names..

Spoiler

🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Haha 3

First suggested to me by @Hughes, discussing potential transfers on the way back from Wembley: I wouldn’t mind it if we, after completing the Mings transfer, get on the phone to Bournemouth again and ask them about Josh King

33 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think my prediction of 1800 transfer topic pages will be bang on.

According to a reliable ITK twitter account, Maxi Gomez is very unlikely. Don’t get too Schneider-like excited.

What twitter account?