Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The Mcginn deal included clauses for promotion and sell on percentage. Let's say he was sold for £30m and hibs get 20%, that's an extra 6m. Add the promotion clause (probably 1-2m) then we brought Mcginn for about £10m.

fair though, as they dont see that money unless he was successful enough to be worth 30m, so if they do it means he was a boss player.

38 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

No, my point is just that your claim that players don’t improve after 23 is total nonsense. I just said your £20m point is valid.

Ofc they will improve ever so slightly, but the point was made that he won't develop to the degree you can defend such a price tag. It's easier to defend that kinda sums of money with younger players

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Be very surprised if it’s true. Even if it is it won’t be for that fee, they’ll demand twice that fee in my opinion. 

Agreed, Brentford would ask for 20 million and probably accept 15 with add ons.

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So El Ghazi and Benrhama are left wingers primarily and Jota is right? I’d say we’d probs need another right sided player, one that preferably Jota would be competition to.

Is El Ghazi for sure coming back ?, my fear would be this is plan B, if we could get both great stuff

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So El Ghazi and Benrhama are left wingers primarily and Jota is right? I’d say we’d probs need another right sided player, one that preferably Jota would be competition to.

wikipedia says Benrhama is a right winger, although in that highlight reel he is mostly on the left

They really do seem to rate Benrhama over there, and they have seen some talent go through that team.

For that reason alone id pay good money for him.  If you add the dean Smith factor in it really seems like a no brainer.

Hope this one has legs!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

wikipedia says Benrhama is a right winger, although in that highlight reel he is mostly on the left

he can player either tbh.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Ah, ok, maybe he’s both. I’d only really seen him from the left for Brentford, but maybe he plays both sides for them depending on opposition. 

One thing with benrahma is he got a really bad injury at the end of the season and has had to have an ankle operation afaik.

Hopefully it's not something that impacts his future ability and play etc.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

RW - Bowen (Jota)

LW - Benrahma (El Ghazi)

Simples.

agreed, also someone like Jota could also be cover for the Grealish role tbh.

• Like 1

He'll play either side, he's best on the left and can probably do a decent job moving infield behind the striker to cover Jack (particularly as Jack likes drifting wide anyway). 

Benrahma, El Ghazi, Jota and Green would have us pretty set out wide I feel. Would like one more (Bowen although probably greedy and unlikely to spend £30-40m on wingers) but with the lack of depth in the rest of the squad you would feel we would be set for wingers until January if we get those in.

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah, ok, maybe he’s both. I’d only really seen him from the left for Brentford, but maybe he plays both sides for them depending on opposition. 

i have seen him playing on both flanks, and playing extremely well on both also.

i think the beauty with the modern systems and players, if you are left footed you can play wide left or on the right and cut inside a bit more, and visa versa with right foot, just more how you want to use them really.

Just now, sne said:

Championship dream team 2.0

Hope it works this time.

to be fair, Benrahma is a serious talent, not like hes an average championship player.