Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Gonna say it....I think Kodja could do a decent job for us

I’m not talking about relying on him completely but as said before, we do create a lot of chances

He has great ability there is no doubt. Not consistent and can be greedy...yes

It wasn’t that long ago he was our talisman, be it in the championship

Need another striker as well though

...preparing for the backlash now...🙃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

We used to criticise MON for always buying players from the Premier League, now we seem to have a proper scouting network and you all want Mitrovic and Rondon.

You have to pay a premium to buy from the rival premier league clubs, we can probably buy 2 up and coming younger strikers from Europe for the same price as one of these.

I repeat, they are both 1 in 4 strikers, Rondon is 29 and wont improve - last season was the first time in 4 seasons here he hit double figures and that was only just, Mitrovic is a hit and miss finisher (prem record: 21 goals in 77 apps). Lets look beyond MOTD highlights please.

We should also look beyond just stats, as if they can bring other players into the game and allow them scoring chances, we should look at them. We've plenty of non-strikers who can score in this team.

Just now, lexicon said:

We should also look beyond just stats, as if they can bring other players into the game and allow them scoring chances, we should look at them. We've plenty of non-strikers who can score in this team.

There are loads of people who can bring others into play that won't cost 20m. If thats all you're worried about then lets just stick Davis up front. I want more from a 20m striker than to just to be a bully and score an odd goal here and there.

If we sign either of these, my high hopes for the new owners will start to fizzle and I will feel underwhelmed like when we signed Heskey or Harewood.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Isn't Ashley Williams a bit shit?

Yes. No way we're after him. And if we are, some of you naysayers will pray for Cahill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

Gonna say it....I think Kodja could do a decent job for us

I’m not talking about relying on him completely but as said before, we do create a lot of chances

He has great ability there is no doubt. Not consistent and can be greedy...yes

It wasn’t that long ago he was our talisman, be it in the championship

Need another striker as well though

...preparing for the backlash now...🙃

Pretty much sums it up for me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

There are loads of people who can bring others into play that won't cost 20m. If thats all you're worried about then lets just stick Davis up front. I want more from a 20m striker than to just to be a bully and score an odd goal here and there.

If we sign either of these, my high hopes for the new owners will start to fizzle and I will feel underwhelmed like when we signed Heskey or Harewood.

I want a player that gets the best out of the team, which for me is more important than just his goalscoring stats. If the team is playing well, scoring goals and we're winning, why would your enthusiasm wane?  More than one way to skin a cat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They didn’t play that way in the Championship mate. Rafa had to adapt them to do would be could to keep them up.  

Lets see how we play next season before we get too excited about our style of football. 

Unless we lose the first few games 5-0 I can’t see our approach changing too much

I've thought about it and we should definitely sign Mitrovic. We love to work the ball out wide, we have some decent dead ball deliverers. Pump the ball into the box and get him on them. 

He's not a bad player to play off of either. He's a bully. We need a bully up top pushing back the defensive line allowing our midfielders to exploit the space created in front of him. 

He'd be bang on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m just telling you what I heard....Maybe he is seen as cheap 4th choice defender.

I believe you mate, just think it’s unlikely that we’d go for him

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

In 46 games against Championship opponents.

Everything will be more difficult this season. Not saying it cant be done, but we have loads of work ahead.

Early days but I think we could build something with our new owners, Smith and the few players we have left.

But it will take something special and at least one or two players who rises to the challenge beyond what we dared hope.

To be fair, he missed the start of the season as he joined near deadline day and was also injured for the end of the regular season (was carrying a shoulder injury in the playoffs too). More like 21 from 37.