Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

I don't think Rondon or Mitrovic would score much more - thats the point I'm making

Rondon scored 12 league goals in just over 30 games for Newcastle last season. Pretty good when Newcastle are defensive minded in their approach.

Has to be a bit of realism here. Last season the top scorers in the league scored 22 premier league goals (Salah, Mane, Aubameyang).

For our level our main striker scoring 10-15 will be fine as I'd imagine the midfield players will chip in with a decent amount during the season unlike 15/16.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

The one thing that pisses me off every season is being told players won't come here. Bollocks.

Wolves have assembled a very good squad full of players that "wouldn't go there" and they have less resources than we have.

Because half their wages and bonuses are being paid by Foshun through mendez's agency (which they part own). 

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, and if he said no today then we can always try Tomori.

I'll get my coat.

Tuanzebe is Tuanzebe, if we try to recapture him we will only lose Tomori.

1:49 :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iñaki_Williams

He has a €88m release clause and Liverpool rumored to be after him

We won't be after him but he is who i think other chap was talking about earlier on due to our Spanish connection we have.

Anyone suggesting Inaki Williams is going anywhere does not know a great deal about Inaki Williams. He’s an Athletic Club lifer, won’t leave and as said as such multiple times

2 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Anyone suggesting Inaki Williams is going anywhere does not know a great deal about Inaki Williams. He’s an Athletic Club lifer, won’t leave and as said as such multiple times

Guess there must be a really sense of pride playing for them. Like representing your Nation. 

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

I think my prediction of 1800 transfer topic pages will be bang on.

According to a reliable ITK twitter account, Maxi Gomez is very unlikely. Don’t get too Schneider-like excited.

I came to post this rumour sounded like Sneijder level BS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I'm not sure why anyone is talking about this. All the twitter chat was specifically about Ashley. Sad, but true. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Because half their wages and bonuses are being paid by Foshun through mendez's agency (which they part own). 

I know they have some smoke and mirrors going on behind the scenes but it doesn't change my point. They got the players that would seem unlikely. So we can too.

Unless the suggestion is we can't compete with Wolves. In which case I will have to laugh heartily.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

That doesn’t sound like something that is within the rules. If it is surely we can just do the same, as would plenty of other clubs. If it isn’t then surely everyone else will be screaming foul play very loudly. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That doesn’t sound like something that is within the rules. If it is surely we can just do the same, as would plenty of other clubs. If it isn’t then surely everyone else will be screaming foul play very loudly. 

Its just FFP. All clubs that want to be successful ignore or get around those. Wolves are a very good model to follow.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Rondon scored 12 league goals in just over 30 games for Newcastle last season. Pretty good when Newcastle are defensive minded in their approach.

Has to be a bit of realism here. Last season the top scorers in the league scored 22 premier league goals (Salah, Mane, Aubameyang).

For our level our main striker scoring 10-15 will be fine as I'd imagine the midfield players will chip in with a decent amount during the season unlike 15/16.

Actually he scored 11, and it was his first double figure season in 4 attempts in the Premier League.

Also he will be 30 a month into the season, I think we will go for younger and better goalscoring options especially when you consider the money it would take to get him.

30 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its just FFP. All clubs that want to be successful ignore or get around those. Wolves are a very good model to follow.

Oh I agree. I only stand on a moral indignation pedestal if other clubs do it!  Football is a dog eat dog world these days. I think we have always been a good club in the sense of looking after our own, community spirit etc and long may that continue, as I believe it’s an important part of the club’s DNA.

However there are no prizes, in the brave, new, money soaked world of the PL, for being awfully decently chaps. Ruthless and clever are the benchmarks for the successful running of modern football clubs and if we want to be a big player, or even survive in the PL, then that’s exactly what we must be. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

but it doesn't change my point. They got the players that would seem unlikely. So we can too.

It does. How do you think they attracted champions league quality players to the championship on 20k a week?!They could be paying these players well over the market value salaries to attract them via the agency. Foshun has deep pockets so can afford it. 

As far as ffp is concerned they are well within. I suspect if they had to declare 100% of these salaries they would be in trouble with ffp. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It's just about arms length enough to be allowed. I can't remember the exact dynamic but it is acceptable. Not everyone can set up agencies with super agents like mendez. 

• Like 1